Add Product

Search Results:

o1webdawg

Keep your $50 Gift Card, I'll never shop at Best Buy Again!

I purchased a Razr online and drove 1 hour to the nearest Best Buy (with Razrs in stock) to pick it up.

After waiting 30 minutes for assistance, and then another hour with the phone sitting right in front me, I was told there was an issue with their computers and I could not get the phone.

They said they would cancel my order, refund my gift cards, and I could just buy it in the store at full price.  Apparently the computer was still working for new orders.

I said I dont want to buy it again at a higher price.  I had already bought it and it was sitting right in front of me.  Why can't I just have it and leave?

Moreover, I cannot afford to buy it without my gift cards and that I live an hour away.  My sitter was already mad I was running so late.

Well, they canceled my order anyway and said if I wanted to take the phone home I would have to pay full price.

The manager was indifferent and would not even talk to me.  I was so exhausted I couldn't even argue.

So after looking at the phone I bought sitting in front of me I ending up going home with nothing and wasting an entire afternoon plus gas money for the 2 hours of driving.

I have been buying appliances, playstations, and everything else at Best Buy for years.  Never again.

I was not going to post reviews, but since coorporate support did not even bother to reply to my emails and offer me so much as 1% off my next order for wasting my entire day, then it is time.

Time to spread the word about Best Buy, at the very least so one I know will ever buy me a gift card for this store again.  Even McDonalds would give me a coupon or something if they forgot the fries.

These guys wasted my entire day and refused to give me the phone that I had already paid unless I would rebuy it at the full price, but they cannot even give me an applogy.  

Please use plain text.
DanK
Topics: 31
Kudos: 57
Solutions: 149

Re: Keep your $50 Gift Card, I'll never shop at Best Buy Again!

Was this within the past few days? A switch went down at one of Verizon's data centers (this affected the west coast, I'm not sure if it was nationwide or not) and we could not process any activations for several hours. Though it's unfortunate they could not give you the phone even though you had reserved it online, it would have been impossible to give you the phone at the new/upgrade price without being able to activate it on Verizon's network and have you sign the contract. This is why you would have been able to purchase the phone at full price -- that doesn't require any contract activation on Verizon's end.

I'm sorry if this wasn't explained to you properly, and trust me, the store wouldn't have had any motivation to sell it at full price -- they make more money doing an upgrade/new activation than selling at full retail value.

Dan K. | Mobile Specialty Stores
Any opinions expressed in this post are those of
the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc.
Please use plain text.
o1webdawg

This was last weekend on the East Coast.

OK. So say the computer just went down and they could only process new activations, not upgrades.

Assuming that was true why not give me the option to wait a bit longer to fix the computer?  I was clear before they cancelled it that I drove a long way and full price was not possible for me.

Cancelling the order and telling me I have to pay full price after I said I cannot aford it is just plain rude.  That is not how you treat a customer.

They wasted my entire afternoon.  Had they shown an ounce of empathy that I drove an hour to pick up that phone for nothing, then I may be a customer today.

Heck, a coupon or gift card and I would have thanked them for trying to make it right.  Coorporate support didn't even bother to reply to me.

You are the first to try to offer an explaination, but that does not make it right.

Bottom line... Best Buy lost customers that day because it was worst the customer service I ever experienced in my life.  

PS.  I had a similar "computer issue" when I picked up my kids Playstation.  At least that day I got the thing after waiting an hour.  As a company you have ask yourself why anyone would put themselves through that much trouble?

Please use plain text.
jeffsfedup

As a company you have ask yourself why anyone would put themselves through that much trouble?

They don't ask,,, they don't care.
Please use plain text.