Add Product

Search Results:

labmixz

Did any BBY's get 64GB iPhone 5s??

I'm kind of curious, as judging from the amount of ticked off users on macRumors, it doesn't seem that any of the BBY's got any 64GB's regardless of carrier.

Needless to say this is the first time I have pre-ordered anything with BBY and also the last time... normally I pre-order through Apple, however a friend (former BBY employee) talked me into going with BBY this time around. First off waiting 2 hours to pre-order the phone wasn't fun (we were the only people there to pre-order at the time), none of the employees knew anything about the pre-order, we had to contact the stores GM, who finally helped us out.

On release day, there apparently were "no 64GB's delivered at all", this after standing around for over an hour while they searched for the phone. Meanwhile my friends 16GB was there (same carrier), so at least they had that, but the overall experience is horrible and now I'm stuck waiting who knows how the heck long for my phone (of which I would have just went and got my iPhone 4 repaired if I had known I would be without for another month or more).

Granted I understand Apple controls the inventory, but lets be real, they send out shipping manifests, the stores should know what they are getting in (as every other store other than BBY could easily tell me how many of each model phone they had coming in, however they were still waiting on the shipment @ Friday noon EST). However we receved a call the day before confirming our appointment.

Someone on BBY's side (higher-end of the pay grade) screwed up, now people like me are pretty ticked off... I should have just pre-ordered my phone through Apple like I have in the past and I would have had it yesterday no problem. I know I was the first 64GB pre-ordered at that store (I know so, because I was told so) and my friend was the first 16GB pre-ordered, as we were the first two pre-orders at that store, peroid) so if they had received one single one, well, you get the point, we were also the first two people there when they opened at 8am.

Really disappointed in BBY's response to all this, granted they sent out an email (1:45am EST the DAY OF) from corporate saying they couldn't fulfill the order, one would have thought they knew the shipping manifest earlier than that (as stores other than BBY did), which should have prompted BBY to send out the email much earlier than 1:45am EST the day of release.

Not to mention how uneducated their own employees were about what was going on, including the managers at the store.

I'm not ticked off simply because it's a new phone and I "gotta have it" more so ticked off that if I knew I was going to be waiting I would have had my phone repaired, now I'm stuck here, waiting, with no knowledge of when I may get the phone.

Please use plain text.
Dubyel

Re: Did any BBY's get 64GB iPhone 5s??

I also pre-ordered on 9/14 - iPhone5/64gb/Blk/at&t.  Was told it would be available 9/21.  Got call from store evening of 9/20 - not in yet, but expecting it the next day.  Got the blanket bait and switch email that night announcing delay - but you'll have yours as soon as anyone else does, it says. Yeah, right.  I called the store.  They said only 2 pre-orders for 64gb model at their store, and they'll call me when it comes in.  As of today (10/3) I'm still waiting and highly PO'd.

Please use plain text.
beeblebr0x

I also pre-ordered on 9/14 - iPhone5/64gb/Blk/at&t. Was told it would be available 9/21. Got call from store evening of 9/20 - not in yet, but expecting it the next day. Got the blanket bait and switch email that night announcing delay - but you'll have yours as soon as anyone else does, it says. Yeah, right. I called the store. They said only 2 pre-orders for 64gb model at their store, and they'll call me when it comes in. As of today (10/3) I'm still waiting and highly PO'd.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Almost exactly my situation. Only difference, I was told I was the only ATT black 65GB preordered at my store.

Please use plain text.
dmdcash

I just got the email today.  I was the first to order a white 64 att, and second overall to order a 64gb.  Florence, ky store.

Please use plain text.
labmixz

As sad as it is, last Friday I just called several AT&T stores and Radio Shacks, within 30 minutes I had a call back from an AT&T store saying they just got one in, went in and picked it up...

Though I was pretty ticked when I went in to cancel my pre-order and no one knew how to cancel the pre-order, then they didn't know how to refund the $50 gift card you had to buy for the pre-order as cash. All in all it took almost two hours to cancel the pre-order and finally say screw it and got a gift card with $50 on it.

Lesson learned, don't pre-order from Best Buy, ever, on anything...
Please use plain text.
Trusted Member
msb3079

Yeah, I got my 64GB iPhone.

From APPLE.

Please use plain text.
Dubyel

Mine came in today (10/4). :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
Sirrrus

labmixz wrote:
As sad as it is, last Friday I just called several AT&T stores and Radio Shacks, within 30 minutes I had a call back from an AT&T store saying they just got one in, went in and picked it up...

Though I was pretty ticked when I went in to cancel my pre-order and no one knew how to cancel the pre-order, then they didn't know how to refund the $50 gift card you had to buy for the pre-order as cash. All in all it took almost two hours to cancel the pre-order and finally say screw it and got a gift card with $50 on it.

Lesson learned, don't pre-order from Best Buy, ever, on anything...

Got mine just fine. Hope you're enjoying yours just as much as I enjoy mine! =D

Regarding the gift card, if there is still a window open, go back, ask for the Manager on Duty and tell them you want to "Cash Out Your Gift Card" with your pre-order cancellation. That's the phrase that was most often used. Shouldn't be a problem from there.

I also strongly encourage you to NEVER use cash, check or debit for electronics purchases. If you are using a debit card for your bank account, select the CREDIT option. Most places are switching over, but there are still many retailers who must refund Debit purchases as cash, some stores (such as Best Buy) will not refund cash over a certain amount in the store. You would have to wait like 2 weeks for a check in the mail. It also creates a more traceable paper trail should you ever need to return/exchange something.

Finally, many credit card companies offer extra warranty protection on the items you have purchased with their card, especially if they aren't paid off yet. Read your card's specific terms and conditons, but I do know American Express has a solid reputation for this!

Glad you got an iPhone!

Please use plain text.
Rexbanner

Did anybody get a Verizon 64gb preorder yet?? I've called the bb that I preordered at a few times and they said they didn't receive any Verizon phones at all since the release. I'm apparently only 2nd on the list for it and I still haven't gotten one. But lucky for me some dickbag that always answers the phone is the one that tells me this. Maybe learn what customer service actually is best buy!!!
Please use plain text.
Dubyel

I can't speak to Verizon, but I did call my local at&t store yesterday before I heard from BBY. They said that they have had no 64gb phones, so I felt better about the BBY Situation.  Looks like Apple kept most if not all of the phones to fill their own preorders and left their affiliates high and dry.  Maybe in future if they are going to do that, they shouldn't let the affiliates take preorders.  I went straight to BBY to get my phone when they called, and when the guy opened the cabinet, it was sitting there all by itself, so it looks like the phones are just trickling in, and they are calling as soon as they get them.  I have no complaints about the customer service I received from the store.  Good Luck.

Please use plain text.