Add Product

Search Results:

cooldude04

Looking To Upgrade Audio System In A 2006 Ford Taurus SEL

Hello!

I am looking to upgrade my audio system in my 2006 Ford Taurus SEL to an all-in-one unit which features: radio/cd/nav/ipod/ satellite radio/and Bluetooth, the one that I really like is the Pioneer AVIC-X930BT. It says that it will fit my car. It looks like my car is a DIN and not a Double Din. Do they make a kit to expand the DIN to Double DIN for a 2006 Ford Taurus SEL? Also, mine doesn't have the climate controls.

If they do not, can anyone suggest a DIN audio system that features: radio/cd/nav/ipod/satellite radio/and Bluetooth?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Marti-BBY
Topics: 19
Kudos: 12
Solutions: 30

Re: Looking To Upgrade Audio System In A 2006 Ford Taurus SEL

Hi cooldude04.

Going from a Din to a Dbl Din might be an issue. I would strongly recommend that you stop in to your nearest store and talk to both the car fi associates and the install bay techs to see what will work the best for the space you have and the amount of options you want. Hope this helps,

Marti

Marti|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ncoclub

Ford has their own discussion board for just these types of questions. Suggest you go there before making any decisions.

Please use plain text.
klein

The part that gets me is when you say "Also, mine doesn't have the climate controls." All of the Ford Taurus' from 2000-2007 had the same size/shape radio that had the climate controls below the radio conrols. Excluding what you said about the climate controls I'll just link two dash kits for you. The first is for the manual climate controls (3 individual knobs) but cannot do a double DIN radio. The second is for those with the electronic climate controls and this kit can hold a double DIN radio.

first kit with manual climate controls

second kit with electronic climate controls

Please use plain text.