Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

How much do camera repairs cost?

How do I fix my Sony Cybershot disc t300 10.1 megapixels?

I just got it not too long ago and I dropped it from a height of 5'8 due to an accident. Now the monitor starts vibrating a lot and and it makes a high pitched noise. Is there anything I could do to fix it myself?

How much would it cost for me to get it repaired at my nearest bestbuy? 

Valued Contributor

Re: How much do camera repairs cost?

Quite possibly it could cost more to fix than to buy a new one. No idea otherwise.

I just paid $600 to have one of my D300's and 17-35 F2.8 lens fixed after banging it into a pole by accident. Broke mount on camera and lens. They were fixed by Nikon directly.

Solutions: 239

You could always have your local Best Buy's Geek Squad send it to service. You would pay a deposit of $34.95 and receive an estimate by phone. That way, you know how much it would cost, have the option to repair and you are not out a lot of money.

Adam

Best Buy Community - Retail, Americas

Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | Blogging Guidelines

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star under the user's name to show your thanks!

Just wondering though. How can repairs be more expensive than the camera? Isn't it just like replacing a component inside the camera? I find it weird that a component of a camera can be more expensive than the camera itself. Though I understand that there could be some difficulty in repairing it.

Suppose the damage wasn't too big. Like something easily repairable. How much would that cost? And how long would it take for me to get the camera back?

Kudos: 156
Solutions: 239

First off, we cannot give estimates without evaluating the camera. Second, a repair may exceed the value of the product due to many reasons (part cost or technician labor). A prime example of this is an LCD screen. On most laptops, the LCD screen cost 50% or more of the units original purchase price. It is much cheaper for Sony to order 100,000 LCD screens than to order 1 at a time. Third, typical repairs are the service center take between 10 to 14 days based on the problem and part orders.

Adam

Best Buy Community - Retail, Americas

Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | Blogging Guidelines

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star under the user's name to show your thanks!