Add Product

Search Results:

Told to buy GC i didnt need.

I was trying to purchase a laptop via bestbuy.com purely for the financing option offered. I signed up for a best buy card with a low limit of $1000, every other major CC have me over $17000 limit.
Anyway, the laptop costs $1650 after tax and shipping. I asked support how to purchase it on two payment options and to verify it matched the manufactures website for same product sold. Agent told me sku and model number matched and that laptops were identical. Only way to purchase on multiple forms of payment was to buy $650 in e-gift cards and apply to checkout.
I bought $650 in gift cards, went to purchase laptop, saw in checkout that it said SATA SSD not SATA III SSD, like manufacturer offers. So I checked all specs to the T, turns out for the same price, same sku, same model # BestBuy us reduciong my hard drive power, removes copper cooling system, removes backlit keyboard, takes away 2gb from graphics card, and sells the silver case not matte black like in picture.
So I need to get $650 in egiftcards gifted to myself refunded, as I'm not buying a downgraded laptop advertised as the same as the manufacturer superior laptop for same price.
I was misled by your agents on the phone into buying a laptop that was mis advertised as to what I was getting.
I have received a message from cashstar support that they are looking into it and have a ticket number out for the issue, however their link to update problem info or check status is broken link.
Please assist ASAP.

Re: Told to buy GC i didnt need.

Bump.
Highlighted

dts... which laptop did you buy? The description is like a "simplified" one when it comes to specs.  Give me the full model number/brand. I build a ton of computers as well as work in a professional envioronment where I provide technology support/solutions. I'll see if I can help you out.  May resellers, unknowingly, switch back and forth between terminology w/ regards to tech not realizing their causing un-needed confusion and likely losing sales in the meantime. SATA/SATA III when it comes to SSD's is now almost interchangable. 

Valued Contributor

Gift cards are considered a final sale item and cannot be returned. As for the credit line, best buy has no control over that. That would be Citi Bank. You could always call in and request a credit line increase. They will most likely pull your credit again to evaluate to determine if you qualify for a higher credit line.

They told me to buy the gift cards in order to purchase the laptop, but once I bought the gift cards and went to the link the agent gave me for the computer, it was a different inferior system. So I got scammed into buying $650 of gift cards I don't need for a computer that has about $250 less hardware than what I was told would be in it.
If i had just bought them for myself I wouldn't ask for refund. But I was told to buy them as only means of purchasing computer. If I was told the truth that the system was not the one I asked for I wouldn't have purchased the computer or gift cards. This is on best buys phone support agents.

[ Edited ]

Was trying to buy ASUS ROG Strix GL702VM-DS74 17.3
Asus website-{removed per forum guidelines}

Bestbuy.com-
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-strix-gl702-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforc...

Those are the exact same models. The descriptions are different.  whoever put the description on the Best Buy website should have follow the ASUS guidelines for their product descripts... they do allow resellers to and encourage them to, use their exact wording to minimize work on both parts as well as confusion on all ends.  

actually... i just saw this on BB website.. look for the "From the Manufacturer" section on that same product link you posted on the Best Buy website.... it is the description directly from ASUS(it takes a moment to load)

Thanks cwarren for clarification. I bought it through Asus. The main no no was the cooling system, says air cooled on best buy but i wanted the copper tubing with 2xtra fans. Wording or not, Best buy needs to be careful the way they advertise it. Working with gift card services now to get refund for gift cards.

Don't blame you at all.  I'll never understand why resellers feel the need to believe they know more than the creators of products. Have fun w/ it regardless Smiley Happy