Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Preordered 2 Note8s, got one phone, other still says processing

So I ordered a Midnight Black Verizon Note 8 on 8/27. It sat in the processing stage until 9/5 and then went through every stage thereafter and arrived on 9/6.

I had ordered another Note8 the next day on 8/28, except in Orchid Gray for my wife (she was undecided on even upgrading when I ordered mine). It has stayed in the processing stage since I placed he order. Now, given that the Midnight Black one has already arrived and everything, shouldn't the Orchid Gray one have at least updated in some way by now?

Re: Preordered 2 Note8s, got one phone, other still says processing

My wife and I have been trying to order 2 Note8's just like you did.

Seems Samsung is shipping the Gray ones after the Black ones. When I ordered them on bestbuy.com It said, "Will ship week of Sept 20". You can't even pre-order the gray ones on Samsung.com.

If you order in the store, you can get black on 9/15 and gray on 9/29. That's the timeframe for comparison I guess.

I think you're talking about the unlocked one. Carrier ones are coming in both colors on sept 15th. Unlocked ones are pushed back on anything other than Black.

My Orchid gray one is still sitting in Processing, put it through.

Yeah, we didn't want to pay $30 for the privilege of Verizon installing undeletable system apps on my phone, in some cases because other companies paid them to do it (I'm looking at you NFL Mobile)

NFL mobile. I'm a huge NFL fan and DO NOT WANT that app on my phone. I should probably buy the note 8 outright as well with Samsungs previous note 7 owner discount, making the phone 535 after shipping.

On my Black Verizon Note8 that has already arrived, I was able to completely unintall NFL Mobile as well as a couple of other Verizon bloarware apps.

Man, we really are coming from similar backgrounds. I'm in the same boat. Love the NFL and hate that app,

I hate it because I'm an Android Developer and Verizon installs NFL Mobile as a system app... AND on top of that it gets a metric boatload of code permissions, so I was like "Hell to the No" when I saw that. System Apps can do all sorts of potentially scary things (no surprise there). Samsung I think would understand what this means. Verizon I'm certain does because it's their network after all.  

Anything I didn't write myself, or come from the cell phone provider or manufacturer I won't run as a system app. 

The NFL isn't in the primary business of writing software. And if some malware writer managed to acquiredNFL Mobile's GooglePlay developer keys then... well... Let me put it this way:.

There's an app a specific permission that only system apps can get to that can allow them to purposely brick your phone. So sorry NFL. I ain't giving you the keys to ventilator

The other reason I went unlocked is that my wife is actually a Verizon employee getting us a discount on the monthly bill, but Best Buy couldn't give me the $150 off deal they were offering on Verizon specific Note8's, simply because they can't access employee accounts.

This wasn't surprising as even Vz's own brick and mortar stores can't touch employee acounts either. Employees must go online.

$30 less and no bloatware was the winner.

Funeral Salesman,

Glad to hear it changed. My current device is a Note 2 and I hated that part of it.