Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Awaiting authorization (worried!)

At sometime starting before now through early next week orders will have the payment methods authorized and charged.  After that it will go to in process and then get assigned a tracking number and then await pick up by the carrier.

No you should not be worried. unless you have insufficient funds in your account to cover the cost of the switch.  at which point your order may be canceled.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Re: Awaiting authorization (worried!)

Thanks, glad to know that this is a normal process done on Best Buy's side rather than something to do on my side.

Preorder "Awaiting Authorization"??

I have two preorders in with Best Buy currently.  One is for the Nintendo Switch, and one for Zelda Breath of the Wild.  My Zelda order went through with no issues, however after ordering the Switch, I received an email stating that I needed to update my payment method, and that it failed authorization.  I did so, and received an email confirmation.

When I check the order status now, it still shows "failed authorization".  I called Best Buy customer service to make sure everything was okay, and apparently on their end, it shows "awaiting authorization", even though on my end it shows "failed authorization".  The woman I spoke with on the phone made it sound as if it should not still say "awaiting authorization", and to call my bank.  I did this, and they said theres nothing wrong on their end.

My question is, a.) Why would the status show different on my end, vs on customer support's end, and b.) is it normal, 1 week away from release, that it would still show as "awaiting authorization"?  I believe I read that if authorization fails twice, that the order will be canceled, so I am worried that something is wrong, and when/if the pre-order for the Switch is attempted again, if it fails for some reason, the order will be canceled.

Topics: 240
Kudos: 396
Solutions: 299

Re: Preorder "Awaiting Authorization"??

This exact thing has happened to my preorder of the switch. It had me update my payment after the initial preorder and said it failed authorization later down the road after I updated it. I had called the help line and they added my payment again and it and went through and took the money from my account only to put it back into my account once again after a few days ( this is the second time it's happened). Now it says waiting authorization. I called the bank and they said there wasn't any issues. And it seems like in keeping getting different answers to why this is happening when I call the help line.

Ok...good to know I'm not the only one then. I will not be happy if I don't get my Switch on launch day. Hell hath no fury like a gamer denied...

Preorder awaiting authorisation?!

I Preorder Nintendo switch on 13th Jan.Now there is a notice saying "awaiting authorisation" in my order details and I am extremely worried. plz help

sounds like after you updated the payment info and it went through, it did what mine did. Which is apparently basically just checking to see if you have the money every few days. 

Valued Member

That's what BB does with pre-orders they'll keep authorizing you every few days.  This can cause issues though when you have close to the amount for the order but not double.  You'll end up where they will authorize, then also attempt to charge (effectively needing 2x the order $$) and it will fail and then they will cancel your order.

Re: Preorder awaiting authorisation?!

Does your debit or credit card transactions show a "pending" charge from Best Buy with the order amount? If so I would think you should be fine. Their order pages are sometimes messed up and show old information like that.