07-22-2010 10:13 AM
Having reached the end of my tether, I'm posting here in the hope that someone will reach out and help me resolve my problem.
Last month, I purchased 4 new appliances, all from BestBuy.com - a fridge, a dishwasher, a microwave and a range. Having made do with old appliances for years, I was so excited when my new ones were delivered.
But the excitement soon evaporated as the problems began:
1) We paid for installers to put in the range, microwave and dishwasher but had been told that the delivery guy would remove our old refridgerator and install the new one. When he arrived, he was clearly not in the mood to be helpful and said he couldn't take the fridge. He assured us that the installers would take care of it.
2) The installers arrived the next day and instantly said 'oh no - we're not touching that fridge because it's not on our work order.' Despite pleading and offers of money (!) they refused to help us with the fridge but did install the other 3 items.
3) Only problem is, they didn't tell us that the dishwasher handle was broken and that the dishwasher wouldn't close!! They must have known because they had tested that the water was working, but they left anyway! We didn't discover this until the next day when we tried to use it. So at this point, I have a broken dishwasher and a new fridge stuck in the middle of my dining room.
4) We had complained about the fridge before realizing the DW was broken and BB sent an installer within 2 days. He installed the new fridge and took away the old one. The new fridge was crooked (lloked like the Leaning Tower of Piza!) and I asked about that but he told me that fridge doesn't come with levelers and I would need to get a handyman to build a platform for the underneath. When my handyman arrived, he said the fridge DOES have levelers, but one is missing at the back. He rigged up a solution for me because I can't bear to complain to Best Buy about it. Why not? Because ...
5) Despite numerous calls, we can't get the broken dishwasher replaced. The first guy we called told us we would receive a call to arrange a replacement. The call never came, so we called back and were told 'just wait a few more days.' We did and nothing happened so we called back again. This time we were told 'oh sorry - the last person accidentally closed your case and someone will be in touch to reopen it.' No one got in touch, so we called back again. This time we were told it might be easier to get Geek Squad to come and repair it.
By now we were so freaking tired of the whole thing, we agreed. We were told Dan Mark Appliances in NJ would call to schedule a time. They didn't so we called them. They had no record of us. We call BB again and they said 'oh sorry - we gave you the wrong repairer' (ARRGGHH!) We finally got in touch with the right repair company and they had not been told about our case. And besides that, they can't come out for another week. And we still have no guarantee that they can fix the problem so if they can't I presume the dance will start again about trying to get the stupid thing replaced.
I paid $2,600 of my hard-earned money to Best Buy and received two appliances that are in working condition, one that is missing levelers and one that is completely broken.
What was an exciting event for me has turned into a really stressful nightmare and I just feel like telling everyone I know never to buy anything from Best Buy.
More than anything, I would like someone from Best buy to replace my broken dishwasher with a new one that works, but if that's not possible, I would just like a refund so I can just buy one somewhere else. How do I make this happen???
07-22-2010 02:50 PM
07-22-2010 03:39 PM
Thanks for visiting our forums.
After reading your entire post, I can certainly understand why you are frustrated at this point. If I was in your shoes, I would be looking for answers as well. Purchasing a bunch of new appliances should be fun and exciting for you, with no frustration on your part. I apologize that this appliance purchasing experience has been less than satisfactory for you.
I would like to see what I can do to try and help you out. I just need to gather some information via private message, to be able to assist you further. To view your private messages, first ensure you are logged into our forums and then click on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner.