Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

RETURN: Purchased EVGA GeForce 1080 FE from local Best Buy, but a different product was in the box

Hello,

Today I purchased this item from Best Buy Lakeside, Store 1542:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-founders-edition-geforce-gtx-1080-8gb-gddr5x-pci-express-3-0-grap...

Upon returning home and opening the box I discovered that the graphics card inside was of the same manufacturer, but of a model that is 3 years old and of lesser value--someone has deliberately taken the 1080, put the 980 inside, and returned it to Best Buy (or made the swap while in-store).

I do not want to be stuck with an item that is worth ~$280 when I paid $549 + tax.

I have not had the chance to try returning it yet--but I am wondering what my next steps should be, should the store not accept my return?

Thank you

Re: RETURN: Purchased EVGA GeForce 1080 FE from local Best Buy, but a different product was in the b

Managed to exchange the item at the store with no issue. According to the customer service agent, the hardware had been previously returned. I know a DL or ID is required to return an item. so maybe there will be repercussions 

I'm satisfied with the result and the customer service at the store was excellent and expidient (shout out to Sherif at customer service), but I don't believe this is something that should ever happen, assuming proper procedure is followed. Mistakes happen though.

All of this took about an hour and a half because I had to drive to another store to pick it up, wait for it to be ready, then wait in line, etc. It wasn't very conveinient but I was satisifed in the end.

I had to open the box of the replacement in order to verify the right graphics card was inside (and did so in front of the customer service agent at the second store)  before leaving the store.