Add Product

Search Results:

Valued Contributor

Re: Iphone 7 active and unlock

The phones are intended for US use, once a sim card is inserted into the phone. It locks to that carrier. You would need to contact that carrier to unlock the phone. Best buy doesn't have the ability to unlock phones.

IPHONE 7 Locked and not registered

Hi, 

My sister bought an IPHONE 7 128 GB from Best Buy Longmont, CO. She had confirmed from the store representative that the phone would work in India. After getting the confirmation she sent me the phone and the phone is with me in India. 

However the phone is not unlocked and I can not activate the phone as the Indian Sim is not compatable. The phone is also not registered on any network. I personally did try checking the AT&T website but the IMEI number does not correspond to their network. 

It would not be possible to send the phone back from India within 15 days. Could you please help me activate my Iphone. 

Regards 

Yuvavir

Valued Contributor

Re: IPHONE 7 Locked and not registered

yuvavir wrote:

Hi, 

My sister bought an IPHONE 7 128 GB from Best Buy Longmont, CO. She had confirmed from the store representative that the phone would work in India. After getting the confirmation she sent me the phone and the phone is with me in India. 

However the phone is not unlocked and I can not activate the phone as the Indian Sim is not compatable. The phone is also not registered on any network. I personally did try checking the AT&T website but the IMEI number does not correspond to their network. 

It would not be possible to send the phone back from India within 15 days. Could you please help me activate my Iphone. 

Regards 

Yuvavir

You would need to contact a carrier and ask for them to unlock the phone. Best Buy doesn't have the ability to do so. 

Re: Cell Phones Bought for International Use at Best Buy

Hi
Good day
I have brought a new iphone 7 128gb from best buy chicago store.At the time of purchase it was already been informed in the store that I am going to use the handset in middle east.As I am back from USA and planned to use the handset in saudi arabia but unfortunately the handset is not getting activated.Please help in this concern

Unlocked iPhone

Just bought an unlocked iphone 7 two weeks ago and when I try to activate it in my country (Guatemala) it says that cannot be used since it is not available for this mobil operator. I went to an iStore and they told me that the seller is the only one able to realase the phone...please tell what to do?

Valued Contributor

Re: Unlocked iPhone

Best buy doesn't have the ability to unlock phones. A US carrier sim card is needed, and you would need to contact that carrier to unlock the phone.

Thank you !! make sense...what doesen't make any sense is that Best Buy even knowing the iPhone destiny doesen't prevent us not to buy it.

regards

Giovanni O

Hi JXS2,

You have been telling everyone to contact the US carrier to unlock the phone about this issue with iphone. It seems you have knowledge about this more than all of us combined. Please help and share if you know below.

My cousin have activated the iphone with T-Mobile Sim Card and had been using it for 2 weeks in the United States before go back to Hong Kong. Once she arrived HK, it hasn't worked with any HK local sims except the original US T-Mobile sim. ( Now, I am still waiting for the Verizon Sim card arrive to HK I bought from Ebay to try it out.)

We learnt from here that the iphones from Bestbuy are locked by the US Reseller Flex Policy which I am not sure if this is one kind of lock different than the Sim Lock. The reason I ask this because T-Mobile has been saying my iphone is NOT locked by them after a few long phone calls with them. That is Truth that my device is Sim Lock Free when purchased from Best Buy which makes them may not able to see my iphone is locked by Sim Lock with T-Mobile. Does T-Mobile able to see if my iphone was locked to T-Mobile with Reseller Flex Policy?

1. If yes, how should we ask the carriers to remove the US Reseller Flex Policy?
  2. If no, who else we can call to remove the US Reseller Flex Policy lock?
  3. Do you know who is maintaining the US Reseller Flex Policy and lock records? By the manufactures (Apple for iphone…etc) of the devices or the Carriers or other Organizations?  Or, the lock records will only stay on the phones?

I also understand that carriers could lie about they don't see Any locks ( including US Reseller Flex Policy) to our phones because they want our devices to tie to their network. At this point, I have no idea how to verify if my iphone is locked by T-Mobile for US Reseller Flex Policy. Without knowing why Reseller Flex Policy exist and who is maintaining this, it is really difficult for all of us to figure out how to unlock our devices.

Now, all of us were thrown around between the Sellers ( BestBuy….etc ), Carriers ( T-Mobile ) , Manufactures ( Apple….etc ). These 3 parties both keep saying they cannot do unlock and responsible anything and push to each other.

Visitor

Unlocked sold iPhone is locked

i bought an iphone7 as unlocked with full price and it turned out a locked phone. I contacted with Apple to get information about which carrier locked it. Apple told me that it is locked by seller. I bought my phone in Dolphin Mall Miami. I need assistance, can you help me ?

Re: Cell Phones Bought for International Use at Best Buy

I store here in the phil state that only u can unlock base in reseller policy.