Add Product

Search Results:

Re: I CANT USE MY IPHONE 6S IN ARGENTINA

Hello

i´m from Ecuador, i have the same problem, i bougth te Iphone 6s last weekend.

Could you please tell me what can i do?

Regards

Santiago

Iphone 7 is Locked for USA region

Hi Best Buy group i bay a new Iphone 7, and when i go active here in Brazil have a problema "SIM CARD IS NOT SUPORTED FOR POLICY ACTIVATION..." i cant active my iPhone i think the sale mans give me wrong iPhone.

I call for Apple Suport and her say for me only Best Buy can request unlocked this iphone.

So, you can help me?

XyC

Re: help unlocking my Iphone7

Hi, John. My friend is having the same problem. In order to unlock the phone, I would ask him to send the phone back to the US. However I don't know which carrier should I go to with his phone. There is a phone number shown on the receipt (which is weired, since no one had ever activated the phone) . May I use my own SIM card to acivate the phone and specify it to my carrier and get immediat unlock? Or bestbuy may have an universal SIM card to solve the problem? Thank you.

Re: help unlocking my Iphone7

Bought the iphone 7 on October 2nd, did not wotk in Germany at all, neither local operators nor Apple were able nor willing (Apple) to help.

Here is the final ending of this drama:

Just yesterday on our way from Newark Airport to Southern Tier (NY) we were able to make a stop at Dickson City, PA, entered the local BestBuy store and described our problem.

First they were very reluctant to take the iphone back, but after they tried the activation with my german SIM which of course failed, they discussed with the local manager and finally decided to take the iphone back.

However, they insisted to charge us a "re-stock fee" of 35 Dollars, but due to a tool problem, they skipped it and the 847,99 $ paid were booked back to our credit card completely.

Although this end is not what I dreamed about (I still do not have a latest fancy Apple cellphone, which is working) we are satisfied that we get rid of our issue and got the money back.

Lessons learned:

If you are not a resident in the US DO NOT BUY anything in the US for which you might need a support later on.

Buy it at your homecountry, the apparently more expensive price there will might turn into gold lateron. Especially Apple seems to do everything to protect their local sales channels.

Re: Cell Phones Bought for International Use at Best Buy

Hi Isha. I was able to get mine to work.

I had bought an iPhone 7 plus from BestBuy and got it to India. It didn't work.

The phone I got was from AT&T.

I used an inactive AT&T SIM card (that I luckily had) and activated the phone. Then went to the AT&T unlock page at

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/request/#/unlockstep1

and apply for unlocking of your phone. If the full retail price of the iPhone has been paid for AT&T will unlock it in a couple of hours and the phone will be unlocked for use worldwide.

It worked for me and it should work for you too. I know how frustrated it can be not to have an iPhone work. Hope this helps you 😊

Re: Cell Phones Bought for International Use at Best Buy

I got an iphone 7 "UNV" which was not linked to any US operator.

It was locked to a usage with any operator inside US. I really doubt, that such a locking can be resolved by any US operator. In my opinion such a locking could be only solved by Apple them self.

Re: iPhone7 region locked

I have the same issue, I bought an iphone 7, and when I plug the sim card it says that the phone SIM is not supported., please help me how to resolve this issue, I'm not in US

Unprepared customer services

A very bad experience of buying in the US!! . We bought an Iphone in Vero Beach Florida and it ended up to be LOCKED. All BB Customer Services just said "nothing we can do about", "try to return it to store", "bring it to the store".. "we are Geek Service, don´handle this", ... After hours of research on blogs, on my own... Apple directed us to AT&T which carries the lines and we sorted out the problem in few minutes !!

So, you have a bunch of unprepared staff to handle even simple problems like this. But the worse is that Apple says "YOU CAN ONLY BUY UNLOCKED IPHONES IN APPLE STORES"!!! SO WE´VE BEEN MISLED BY THE VENDORS!! WHAT A SHAME!! 

Help me

[ Edited ]

I need help. I live in Brazil. I bought an S6 plus iphone from Cambridgeside's Best Buy in Cambridge, Massachussets. I bought an unlocked iphone, but when I arrived in Brazil I discovered that the device is locked. I ask you to unlock the iphone.

My Receipt:

Val #:{removed per forum guidelines}

Best Buy #1662

100 Cambridgeside PL

Cambridge, MA 02141

UNV Iphone 6S Plus 32 GB - SPAC

IMEI: {removed per forum guidelines}

My contact a.mail: {removed per forum guidelines}

Thanks,

Alvaro {removed per forum guidelines}

Valued Contributor

Re: Help me

Best buy doesn't sell unlocked phones. Nor can they unlock them. You would need to return the phone to a best buy store in the US or mail it someone to return within 14 days of purchase. Otherwise get a US sim card and see if they can unlock the phone.