Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Cell Phones Bought for International Use at Best Buy

Note that even when I brought the phone back to the US, with all the receipts and necessary information, I was told I would have to go through T-Mobile to unlock the phone.

Re: iPhone 7 locked

I see you in every post related to this topic with this reply.

the word 'universal' does not mean 'within US ONLY'. If BB plans to use it that way then they have to take the time to explain what their definition of universal is. Please note - people who are planning to use it in another country (incl myself) would definitely say that they intend to use it abroad. The 'kids' in BB need to be educated to notify them about the activation process instead of waiting for the customer to leave so they back to thier friends and chat. Remember, we are paying the entire amount of the phone only to find out back in our country that it is not going to work. So if you not able to help, dont copy-paste your same reply to increase the count of your posts to get to gold or silver status (to get $5 off of your next purchase). Ppl are here to try and get a solution to their problem

I saw another post of yours where you mentioned it is not mentioned in any document or anywhere. Ppl do not walk into BB to read documents. We walk in to buy phones. Its BB's responsibiltiy to take the time to explain things.

It is ridiculous for  BB to expect us to return the product in 14 days. That is not them fixing the problem. It is 'we do not want your business becuase our staff failed to disclose the complete process'

why cant the staff in BB say - Please remember that this phone needs to be activated with one of the major carriers before it can be used outside of US. 

Re: iPhone 7 locked

also, the other common thing I see BB post is - our products are intended to be used in US. Why dont you add that in the receipt or some place so ppl know not to buy things for abroad?

iPhone 8 bought in US doesn't work outside of US.

As most other people, I purchased an iphone and asked 2-4 times if it would work in Malaysia and was told yes (in BB, Downers Grove 60516). I see the same response from BB Social media rep and Chris31876 on all threads but still wanted to create one.

the word 'universal' does not mean 'within US ONLY'. If BB plans to use it that way then they have to take the time to explain what their definition of universal is. Please note - people who are planning to use it in another country (incl myself) would definitely say that they intend to use it abroad. The 'kids' in BB need to be educated to notify them about the activation process instead of waiting for the customer to leave so they back to thier friends and chat. Remember, we are paying the entire amount of the phone only to find out back in our country that it is not going to work. 

also, the other common thing I see BB post is - our products are intended to be used in US. Why dont you add that in the receipt or some place so ppl know not to buy things for abroad?

It is ridiculous for BB to expect us to return the product in 14 days. That is not them fixing the problem. It is 'we do not want your business becuase our staff failed to disclose the complete process'

why cant the staff in BB say - Please remember that this phone needs to be activated with one of the major carriers in case you intend to use it outside of US.

wish I could file a complaint against the kid who sold me the phone and his lady supervisor who he was constantly asking the questions to that I asked him. i heard her in the background when I called BB with this issue again. but for some reason she wouldnt talk to me direclty. Obviously your company only caters to the people/market in US so I will take my business elsewhere

BB & Chris - dont even bother responding with the copy/paste of your standard script

Highlighted

UNV IPHONE X 64GB SILVER UNLOCKED - ERROR "INCOMPATIBLE SIM"

Hello, I bought an iphone X unlocked for use in Brazil at Best Bye store in 8350 S Orange Blossom Trl, Orlando on 12/6/2017. The seller guaranteed that iphone with FULL PRICE was unlocked and would work in Brazil. However, it presents an INCOMPATIBLE SIM error and recommends contacting the mobile operator to request unlocking.

We used a T-mobile data chip in the US during our stay, from 12/6/2017 to 12/23/2017. Now we are trying to use a chip from Brazil but it does not work.

Can you help me please? Thank you

Re: I already emailed this to Best Buy customer service...

Kindly provide me Email Address as i have to send query.

E Mail ID Required

Dear Store,

I have purchcse Iphone X from your store of International Unlocking but when i am trying to intsert the Indian Sim Card it Showing Error that Kindly Activate from  Carieer. I do have Bill and Box which i got during my purchase.

Kindly do needful as earliest possible.

Return/ exchange / Carrier change

[ Edited ]

Had a very bad experience with best buy ! In new york ,23rd street
First bought 8 plus which was 100 dollar expensive than the original price and equalled to iPhone X then i exchanged where they charged some fee for exchange as well and i paid for unlocked iPhoneX but they sold a locked one. (Member Id-{removed per forum guidelines} date1/10/2018)
I live in India it is completely impossible to travel back to USA what should I do as they advice to get carrier unlocked from the retailer.

Unlocked Phone Does Not Work

We went to the store to buy phone for my mother-in-law who lives in Europe on October 23rd.  We specifically asked for an unlocked phone that will work in Europe, and the sales associate sold us an unlocked iPhone 7.  We asked a few times if they were sure it would work in Europe, and they told us - yes, no problem, it will work without issues because it's unlocked.  According to them, all the iPhones 7 that they sell are unlocked.  First of all, the phone cost $50 more than at the Apple store, and when I brought it up to the sales associate, they graciously offered to give us the $50.99 discount, to match the price at Apple.  We appreciated the gesture, and the phone went home with my mother-in-law to Europe.  She is unable to get the phone to work, as it appears that the phone is tied to Sprint.  After calling around for three months to date (between Apple, Best Buy, and Sprint), here is what we were able to find out: all the phones that are sold at Best Buy (yes, the ones they say are "unlocked") are actually tied to US phone carriers and will not work overseas or any other country.  They are unwilling to work with us, keep blaming Apple and Sprint, are giving us the runaround and will not accept their fault.  Every time we call with new information and ask to try this or that, to work with European store (who are still attempting to unlock the phone, by the way) - we are dismissed and sent off to either Sprint or Apple.  They keep telling us to have the phone shipped back, which is completely unreasonable as it is a new phone which will require a lot of insurance and a lot of fees will need to be paid at customs.  We basically paid $700.92 for a phone that will not work, and are stuck with it, and this particular Best Buy store is unwilling to do anything about it, including admit that their sales associates are either untrained, or purposely lie to customers to sell them their products.  I am frustrated and am tired of getting the runaround.  Can someone please help me figure out how to either get a refund or get me someone who will work with Europe (specifically Latvia) to unlock the phone for real and disconnect it from Sprint?

IPhone X 256 Gb activating

Two universal iPhone X was bought on full payment for gift back home in INDIA on 3/1/18 from Best Buy store at Waldorf MD 20603 in USA as universal iPhone as mentioned in bill as well

Now when these iPhones were unboxed in India. We are not able to activate them and get an error as “sim not valid”. Kindly share email address so as to send to IMEI of both Apple I phones.

Tried to contact the Apple and got reply to get in touch with reseller Best Buy as these are carrier locked.

Kindly do needful as both phones are of no use