Add Product

Search Results:

My new unlocked MOTO G 4 doesn`t work

[ Edited ]
Hi Best Buy!
I´ve bought two Moto G (4th GEN) on 07/09/17 15 .50, number of ticket 1028 070 3849. I/ve payed with my DISCOVER (**********0952) ROSA, approval number 115226. I was assisted by Jose. He sold us two cellphones MOTO G, one was an OPEN ITEM (LP# {removed per forum guidelines} Condition: EXCELLENT CERTIFIED But, once I arrived to Buenos Aires, where I live, I could not make my sim card to be read. I first thougt it was the sim card, so I went to my telephone company to replace it, but the problem still remained. So, I went into a MOTOROLLA Service Store and I was told that the problem was at the Sim reader that has missed one of those metal spikes.
I want you to tell me what should I do.

Sorry for my poor english, I did my best and I hope you have understood. If not, and you have soeone there who speaks spanish let me know and.

Sincerely,
María {removed per forum guidelines}
Customer Service PIN {removed per forum guidelines}

Sim not supported

[ Edited ]

Hello, I purchased a new iPhone 7 plus 32 GB on 7/15/2017 from Best Buy #1545, at Port Arthur. {removed per forum guidelines} The iPhone was sent directly to Greece - Europe (unused, without to open the box). There was installed a Greek Sim card and the requested pin was entered succesfully but after was appeared the following message: Quote: "SIM NOT SUPPORTED" "The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information. Unquote *Please note that we tried to install also other SIM cards from a different Greek issuer but without any results. Afterwards, I came in contact with Apple's support center and they sent me the following message: Quote: "Dear {removed per forum guidelines}, According to our records, the iPhone is still locked and this type of lock is not administrated by Apple. The carrier is who has to change the status in order to unlock it." Unquote Finally when I called the Greek SIM card issuer (greek carrier), they told me that the seller must enter in the system the Activation code or to send by your side the Activation code by email in order to be forwarded to them for unlocking the device. Please advice if you could send me the requested Activation code or anyway if you could help me about this matter.

locked iphone

My daughter ID 4180748530 went to California and while there she bought a device IPhone7 plus 128g at a Best By store. She specifically claimed for an unblocked device so that it could be used in Brazil and paid for it. As part of such purchasing event and frankly of little to no use for a consumer in Brazil, she was offered and also purchased a 2-year extended warranty . We tried to use the phone and happens that ist is locked. Considering this situation e.g. having a device of no effective use in Brazil and a 2-year warranty ​even highlighting it to the salesperson and the fact that we live in São Paulo not having plans to visit USA in the near term (2017), how Best Buy suggests I mitigate the problems caused and what could be a feasible solution?
Contributor

Re: locked iphone

The iPhones are Universal, not Unlocked. They're Universal for any US based carrier and not intended for international use. Unfortunately Best Buy does not accept international returns, so you would need to find someone in the US available for you to ship it to and return it on your behalf - all within 14 days of the original purchase date. The sales associate should not have even sold you a protection plan if you said you were international because the protection plans are for within the US only.

Purchased Samsung S8 - Feeling Cheated

[ Edited ]

I purchased Samsung Galaxy S8 from Instore purchase Edison USA (Best Buy Menlo Park). When I purchased the mobile, I was promised that it is having international warrenty. I confirmed it twice and thrice before making a purchase (because I purchased it to use it in India). Now when I have purchased it and brought it to India. I made a Contact to Samsung Customer care (India) and they have clearly denied that there is no International warranty with this handset and also said that Samsung does not provides any International Warranty to anyone.

After this my Brother (who stays in Edison) contacted the Store manager at Menlo park (Edison), he is clearly denying to help me in any way. I have also filed a dispute on my Credit card against Best Buy as being helpless.

Now the phone lies with me in India with no Warranty and waiting for the solution. I am really not interested to use this Phone being cheated by Best Buy.

Details of the receipt :
Purchase Date : 29 July 2017.
Receipt No : {removed per forum guidelines}
Date : 07/29/17
Time of purchase : 15:17

Highlighted

Re: Purchased Samsung S8 - Feeling Cheated

Waiting for a solution to this, please

Unlocked iphones not unlocked

Recently we bought 2 iphone 7 at the Roseville CA store, which should have been sold unlocked, since we live in Brazil and would be using them with a brazilian network operator. We explicitly asked, multiple times, if the phones would really work with any operator, just to make sure. Upon this request, the salesperson confirmed that we needn't worry... they even reassured us that it wouldn't make a difference to buy at the apple store nearby since there is a partnership going on between both companies, so that price and service quality wouldn't change. 

Once we got to Brazil and inserted the brazilian sim cards, a message appeared saying "sim incompatible". I contacted apple costumer service and they told me the phones were bocked for use with AT&T, which made no sense. 

In the end we managed to unlock the phones through AT&T's website, but it cost me extra money and a lot of time and headache. 

Just wanted to make public that we were either fooled or the staff at Roseville store are unprepared to satisfy and fully understand customer's needs. 

I hope you guys take actions so that future customers don't go through the same trouble we had to...

Re: Unlocked iphones not unlocked

Just to clarify: we paid full price for the phones, meaning they wouldn't have a contract assigned to them

iPhone 7 locked to US Region

Dear Sirs,

I bought an iPhone 7 to send to my niece in the UK as a graduation present.  I bought it is the Marquette (Best Buy, 3725 US 41 West, Marquette, MI 49855). I specifically told the sales rep that the phone was to be used in the UK, I asked if it would work and he said that it would, all I needed to do was buy the SIM card and put it in.  The phone made it to the UK (well past the 14 days from the return policy) and it never worked, I called Bestbuy customer service and had one of the workers "help" me.  He indicated that to his knowledge the phone should work.  He recommended I contact Apple, I went to the Apple store and they told me the phone was locked to the US.  I called back to Bestbuy and the person that answered the phone worked with me for a while and finally, he opened a ticket with Apple care.  Apple care escalated the after about an hour and finally a senior rep from apple informed me that in order to use the phone in the UK it should have FIRST been activated in the US.  Information that was NEVER mentioned by the sales rep.  When I returned (I bought it in April I returned in September) I went to the store and explained this whole unfortunate series of events and was told that there was no such a thing as "regions" and that the phone worked.  (No way for me to prove without bringing all the customer service staff with me to the UK).  They actually contacted Apple and never admitted that this issue with the regions was even an issue at all.  In reading through your forums I see that this IS a very documented issue.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Store-Purchase/Purchased-quot-Unlocked-quot-Iphone-7-won-t-wor...

I feel that you are doing a disservice to you customers by not training your sales staff properly.  I feel like I have been lied to by the sales person. I was told the phone would work.  Even if the sales person was well intentioned, he was MISINFORMED, and he assured me the phone would work without REALLY knowing.  I went to the store and tried to return the phone and was denied by the Manager of the store.  I was told it was not their responsibility, the store stands by the good intentions of their sales person.  What about me, what about the customer that expects the sales person to be knowledgeable and to provide me with the right information for me to make the right choice as a customer. I hope to hear from Bestbuy soon.  I'm not holding my breath based on how I was treated at the store.

locked phone

hi i bought a iphone 7 plus universal with 128 GB full price up front. i told the worker that i will soon be going to at&t because at the time i was with simple mobile. he informed me that it's okay because it's a universal phone and it works with ANY carrier. about 13 days later, i went to at&t but my phone wasn't working. i didn't know the issue until a week later bc apple was doing an investigation but apple then told me that my phone is locked to tracphone. i started running around and went to a best buy near my house where i was informed that the first carrier ur universal phone is activated with, that the phone is locked to it. apple did a DFU, reset my phone, and even started an investigation AGAIN, and they said that it was false representation bc the phone has always been locked to trac phone. i haven't been able to use the phone for two months even tho i worked hard all summer to be able to buy the phone full price and pay for it. the best buy i bought it from (store number 2095) says that the phone shouldn't have locked and that it isn't in their policy to inform me that it will lock to the first carrier. but how mean ? i could've went to at&t before and then got the phone. and even now the best buy i bought it from still doesn't care. so is best buy going to help me ??? bc i've been calling everyone. and YES i've called tracphone and they don't have my IMEI number on file so they said they didn't call it. apple said they don't work with locked phones. simple mobile said that they are a bring ur own device company and that they didn't lock it . i even tried going to one of the shops that unlock phones and they couldn't even do it. everyone kept asking me if the phone i bought was used before bc apparently it's been locked to trac phone. i have my receipt and i just want to be able to use the phone that i bought. thank you