Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can I Return a gift card with receipt?

Got a bestbuy giftcard for my birthday, best buy didn't have the graphics card i needed. So i called bestbuy, and asked ..the associate said I could return it if the back is not scratched off and I had a receipt. Went to store and was told rudely by the customer service rep, that I can't return it to that store. I asked for a copy of store policy ..which she refused. I asked for a manger, which she said he wasn't coming out. I waited 20 min till he came out. I asked him for the policy and he pointed to a sign on the wall that didn't address my issue at all. Then he walked off.
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I Return a gift card with receipt?

Gift cards are a final sale item and cannot be returned.

Where is that written?
Topics: 15
Kudos: 206
Solutions: 99

Hi Tyrone,

Just in case @jxs2 isn't able to get back to you in time, I hope you don't mind me reaching out to clarify this part of our Return & Exchange Promise for you.  I also apologize for any disrespect or misinformation you may have experienced in the recent past.

"All Final Sale merchandise cannot be returned. Other nonreturnable purchases include digital content, prepaid cards, gift packaging, memberships, completed services, opened consumable items including batteries, ink and 3D printer filament, and items returned that are damaged, unsanitary or missing major contents."

Being that a Best Buy Gift Card is a prepaid card, we are unfortunately unable to offer a refund or cash-out for any gift card, even if the security/scratch-off sticker seems to be untampered with.

Thanks,

Sam | Best Buy Store Phone Operator

I am a Best Buy Employee at one of our retail stores. While here to help, the opinions presented by me on this site do not represent the views or decisions of Best Buy and its affiliates. Authorized company representatives identified with -BBY after their names are able to address specific concerns or inquiries in greater detail.

Forum Guidelines | Price Match Guarantee | Return & Exchange Promise

Did I answer your question? Mark as SOLVED! | Do you like my post? Give KUDOS!

A gift card and a prepaid card are different legally.
Just got my $400 back 30 min ago