Add Product

Search Results:

Bought using cash, lost receipt

Hello!

A few days ago, I purchased a Samsung S3 in a local store. Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to take the receipt in paper, and not on the email, even though I was asked for my preference.

Everything is fine with the device for now, but I will obviously not be able to use the Samsung warranty if I cannot provide a receipt. I can of course give all the information needed, my name, date (and close time of purchase), the exact amount of cash etc. I know that it's my fault and you totally don't have to help me, but please - I'm really not a person who likes to "not take care of things well enough", and leaving the receipt on the table in a dorm was definitely not a good idea.

Sorry for the trouble,
Regards
Topics: 1,000
Kudos: 645
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 242

Re: Bought using cash, lost receipt

Did you have a My Best Buy rewards membership when purchasing? Your local store while a little bit of work may be able to accomodate you. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Unfortunately I didn’t

Ok. 

The Best Buy staff may be able to help you here then. These orders or purchases are the most difficult to look up so you'll need to be explicit in details. 

In the future, it would help if you signed up for one to keep track of your purchases if you have not done so already and can get you on the list for exclusive My Best Buy special item offers such as the ability to participate in early sales before Non Best Buy members do and also other perks as well

Due to the limited forum visbility the staff have on here this week you may want to try to call 1-888-BEST-BUY and try.

You can also try and get someone nice at the store and they may be able to help you with this. Not a guarantee though. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

My biggest issue though is that I don’t live in the US. Such a membership in the bestbuy community would therefore not be useful at all for me (this was really my first purchase in bestbuy, and likely the last one for quite a while, not because I didn’t like something, but because I don’t have a bestbuy store in my home country).

I’d really prefer to do stuff via the forums or another site (owned by bestbuy, of course). I’m staying pretty far away from the store I bought the watch it, and because I’m in the US temporarily, I don’t have an American phone number (and calling from my phone would be extremely expensive).

I’ve seen other people getting help via private messages on the forums and I was hoping for such a solution too. I can provide as many details as possible (where, when, using what money, I bought the product and basically anything that could help. If I got pictures of the staff, I’d probably be able to tell who helped me (1 - who brought the watch to me, 2 - who really “sold” it to me).

I really appreciate your help and hope that I’ll be able to get help

Do you have Skype? You can call toll free numbers for free or even try something such as Google Voice. 

Honestly, I didn’t know that. Will definitely check it out, thanks for your help!