Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Best Buy can't find my receipt so i can get warranty repair

On Thanksgiving day 2016 I stood in line for a 49" Toshiba 4k TV. I got the TV at the Tarentum PA Best Buy. Today The picture keeps going blank but the sound stays on. I looked all over but couldn't find the receipt. I called Best Buy Tarentum and they said if I brought the credit card I used to the store they could print me a receipt so I could get the warranty repair. 

I looked back and found that I purchased the TV with a Paypal debit card and found the transaction on my history on Paypal as using my Paypal debit card. I give the card to the customer service rep and they can't find any record of my transaction. They look in many places and can't find my transaction. For some reason the transaction doesn't show up in my rewards.

I even called Paypal to verify that I used the card I have in my possession just in case they had sent me a new card since I made this transaction and they verified that I used my current card.

I have proof of the transaction including the store and price on my paypal history but since they can't find it in their records, I am stuck with a 49" blank screen after only six months of owning this TV.

I am so angry!!! Why can't Besy Buy find my transaction? 

I WANT THE FREE REPAIR I AM ENTITLED TO!!!

Is there anyone that can help? I am so frustrated. 

Kudos: 116
Solutions: 95

Re: Best Buy can't find my receipt so i can get warranty repair

They should have been able to locate the transaction, if not by the credit card number then by other means. I'm surprised they didn't try using other information like:
What register did you make the purchase at
What time of day were you there, down to an hour would be helpful
What day (you said thanksgiving, was it Thursday or actually Friday, a midnight opening?)
The total amount of the purchase, including what else you bought at the same time.

The only reason I can think of that the Paypal credit card cannot be found is if using a chip card the reader was given some other number by PayPal not associated with your account, or you were issued a new card since then with a new number (they need the number that was used that day).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before posting I try to research everything first or use my own experiences. I do not now nor have I ever worked for Best Buy. After a year and a half hiatus, I'm back working for the competition.
If you respond to a post of mine, I will read it. I may or may not post in the thread again, but rest assured I will read your response Smiley Happy

Re: Best Buy can't find my receipt so i can get warranty repair

I called Best Buy corporate and after talking to 2 different people and about 10 minutes each of being on hold while they tried to find my receipt, it was finally found. She then emailed me a copy. This evening I can finally call and get someone to repair or replace this faulty TV.