Add Product

Search Results:

Laptop died on the 16th day

Spent 2 hours on the phone only to be told,  "Sorry the laptop is not eligible for an exchange.  It is 1 day past the exchange period."  Now what.  This is the first laptop I have bought that was not from Dell.  They at least stand behind what they sell.  Never again.

Now I am told a Geek Squad member look at it and see how much it is worth.  Are you kidding me?  What it is worth?  

If you are in the market for a laptop please go somewhere else.  Anywhere else.  Office Depot stood behind their products better thatn Best Buy

Topics: 900
Kudos: 508
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 197

Re: Laptop died on the 16th day

Hey there Laura,

Welcome to the forums! Buying a new laptop can be fun, yet it can be frustrating if it goes out one day after the return and exchange policy.

How did you purchase this item? Did you purchase this online or did you purchase this in the store? While I know your warranty expired, you may be able to see if you can get a local store to make an exception although this is very unlikely. Exceptions have been known to be made though as long as you're nice and courteous to the returns and exchange desk.

In the event of a total denial of an exchange, depending on the manufacturer, the Geek Squad may be able to see repair authorization from the manufactuer and have your system up and running in no time.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted
Topics: 900
Kudos: 508
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 197

I meant "while your return period expired" not "while your warranty expired" Sorry!

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Hockeycanuckjc is missing one key part about the business and sales: customer service. LauraBeauLac's laptop being only a day out of exchange or replacement should be given some grace. 24 hours is a fraction of the lifetime of loyalty Laura could've provided, but instead, BestBuy opted to pencil-push and follow strict procedure rather than principals of helping the customer. When Laura goes into BestBuy, she's not just dollar signs; she is a relationship ready to bloom or bust depending upon how she is treated.