Add Product

Search Results:

Help my hp laptop isn't working !

My hp laptop is just a black screen when I turn it on and the caps lock is flashing. How do I fix it?
Topics: 945
Kudos: 581
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 225

Re: Help my hp laptop isn't working !

There might be a corruption in the BIOS table somewhere. I've seen some units have issues with the graphics card not registering a connection with the mainboard of the laptop, and it results in no screen.

Try plugging in the unit into an external monitor or a television. If you get the same behavior, the unit will need to be replaced. Have you just recently bought this unit, or?

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Topics: 97
Kudos: 25
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 12

Re: Help my hp laptop isn't working !

Good morning jdunk,

Our apologies for the lateness of this reply. This holiday has been especially busy for us on the forums and we’re doing everything we can to catch up as quickly as we can.  Your concerns are of great importance to Best Buy and we want to make sure that you’ve received a response to your post and offered any assistance we can provide. 

We understand that by now you have likely sought assistance via one of our other channels, and your issue is likely to have been resolved.  If this is not the case, please feel free to reply and we’d be happy to look into it for you to assist however possible.

Thank you for posting!

Tony|Social Media Supervisor | Best Buy® Corporate
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!