Add Product

Search Results:

Geek squad repair nightmare

My wife has been getting a run around on the repair of my daughter's laptop computer.  We took the computer for repair of a keyboard problem, the computer would work but some of the keys would stick.  We got a repair estimate of $164 which was reasonable so we approved it.  When the computer was returned to our store, we started the computer and it booted up but yhre keyboard did not work at all.  We took it back to the store and after they looked into it they said the repair was declined.  NOT TRUE.  So the computer had been back together with the keyboead not seated correctly and witht screws missing and sent to us.  We sent it back again and now got an estimate for over $500 for repairs including keyboard, motherboard and harddrive.  This was their estimate for a compoter that worked when it was initially sent to the Geek Squad and still booted up after they failed to repair it the forst time.  My wife has been on the phone for over an hour, transferred to 3 different departments, cut off completely, waited again to talk to someone and now we are to the point where the computer is being sent back to us unrepaired again and had to ask for an escalation to try to get a working computer for my daughter to take back to school.  I've never had such poor service.

Recognized Member

Re: Geek squad repair nightmare

"Sticky keys" are nearly 100% caused by a liquid spill. When they removed the keyboard to replace it they may have seen addition liquid damage on the motherboard and sent it back unrepaired.

Re: Geek squad repair nightmare

It booted up when it was given to the Geek Squad the first time and it also booted up and operated when they sent it back unrepaired. it doesn't need an motherboard or hard drive, it just needed a keyboard.  They are just adding unnecessary items to jack up the repair fee.