Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Geek Squad refurbished phone scam

Nov 13 ~ Still no contact from anyone concerning my issue. Still looking online for options as to what I am to do. Will update with more information in a few weeks.
Solution not reached.

Thank for posting your experience!!!! I was actually going to purchase 2 Refurbished LG G5's for myself and daughter for christmas since I can not afford new ones. After reading what has happened to you I will be emptying my cart and looking at other options!!!!

I totally understand. The refurbished phone prices are much more reasonable, but as soon as you weigh in the facts that you now have lost your 1 year free manufacturer warranty because of it being refurbished and you now have to pay for that 1 year of coverage. Thats easily a 500$ swing. This is all without even taking into consideration the low quality of the refurbished phones being given to us.

I cant believe this is actually happening. BestBuys phone coverage used to be so good. It really does seem like a "scam"... shame on them

Im glad you see the idiocracy this whole situation brings to the table. I would hope this is somewhat of an isolated incident, yet hard to believe it is. But you know what they say; hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I have never written a bad review being in the customer service industry and sales for years, but I have had the worst luck with the phone protection plan from Geek Squad. I currently have the GSP plan with AHD protection from Februrary 2016. I have a Galaxy S6 which I made a claim through ADH and have had several issues. So far I have been sent a refurbished phone that was stuck in safe mode because the volume down key is stuck internallly and will reboot everytime in safe mode. When I called to tell them the phone was not working they said they would send the next phone out the next day which they did. The next refurbished phone is stuck in a reboot cycle and then turns off and will not turn back on. I then had to call again being frustrated about the service I was getting I was told that the policy they have requires them to send out three phones before they can even escalate the event that will take 3-5 business days which I thought was unexceptable. I spoke with a supervisor that told me that "he did not work for the parts department" and that I would have to wait for yet again another refurbished phone. I then took the time to read the full plan in detail where it states that if 3 phone claims are fullfied by either a new or refurbished phone within 24 months then they have done their end of the contract. It is very strange that they put in three seperate claim numbers even know they have sent the phones that are not working, and now I am worried that I will not get anything resolved if this phone does not work. There is no 3 phone refurbished has to be sent out before escalation anywhere in the policy agreement so I am wondering if anyone else would have any ideas of where to go from here. In case anyone is still wondering I would never suggest geek squad protection and I will be switching immediately pending this situation. 

Highlighted

Your review was helpfu!  I am very annoyed with Best Buy myself. I had a Note 5 for 3 years now and the battery have started to not charge. So instead of buying another $800.00 dollar phone, I pay the $199.99 for replacement.  They have sent me two defective phone that only lasted 1 week.  The phone  color have been fading in and out.  They will not refund me my money but keep on telling me to we will sent another one.  I want Best buy to get me to refund me  so I could just upgrade and get a new phone and they won't!  I don't have time to be senting phone back and forth.