I would like to see a Game Review in the Gaming Formu as a Subcategory.
I think it should be set up such that only Forum Moderators can start a topic asking for Game Reviews.
This would dramatically reduce chances of the same thread being started by many different people.
A lot of new games come out every year and some of them are great, and some them not so great. However, we often see reviews that simply glow before a game is released. But who writes these reviews.
I would like to see a game review here on the Best Buy site that is filled in by gamers.
This is different that the reviews on Best Buys web site. It is very very common in the Food and Hotel industry for a review to be written by the company who makes a product or offers the service. I have no doubt it happens in the gaming industry.
I would make it separate from the BB web site becuase that is open to the same non objective abuse that other review web sites. However, if this caught on, there would be no stopping the developers from doing the same in the forum.
This could also be counter productive to Best Buy interestes as it could reduce sales and or pre-sales.
Personally I seldom buy a game that is brand new. I would much rather wait a few weejs to see what REAL gamers think.
Pre-orders are currently a pain, and there are several things that could be done to make them better.
1. Set a pricing policy for pre-orders. Something like "you'll pay the lowest price from when you place the pre-order to when it ships". Then make the changes on BestBuy.com's back end to make the policy work reliably.
2. Under an account's Orders page, add an 'Open Orders' or 'Pre-orders' filter, so we can easily find and manage all our open pre-orders.
3. Adjust the Price Match policy. Currently, we can only PM when placing an order. For a pre-order, this means we're expected to cancel the existing order and place a new order with the PM in place. Make it easier for orders that haven't shipped yet to be PMed.
When My Best Buy was Reward Zone I was able to view a detailed reciept of my purchase, now all I can see is the date how much was spent and the number of points I recieved. I know it can be done in the app, but it should be a feature on the site also. Can you bring back the ability to view the details of my purchase, or even the ability to see and print an actual receipt? If this can be done, it needs to be A LOT easier to find.
Today I got a free GCU Unlocked subscription for 2 years as part of the Destiny/console promotion. Problem is, I now buy most of my games digitally. I understand that Best Buy does not give discounts on digital games in store.
I must then ask, what value will I really get from this subscription? Sure, I understand it was free for me, but it normally costs $120. I also understand that Best Buy has stated most digital products do not have the same headroom as physical copies.
In the long run, I think games are going to go digital. I think it would be in Best Buy's best interest to somehow generate value for digital buyers, if not for new games then some other way with this program. Otherwise, it will be an impossible sell for those who choose to buy a good deal of games digitally. If Best Buy could generate more value for digital buyers it would also make it less likely they would go directly to the publisher.
If Best Buy cannot negotiate a deal with publishers, how about something like:
1. GCU members getting free DLC unlock codes (that normally might cost ~$5-$10) for games thats non-GCU members would not get, if a digital copy of that game is purchased in Best Buy.
2. GCU members get 20% off a Blu-ray Disc if it is bought at the same time as a digital copy of a game.
I read the below article and hoped Best Buy would be able to work something out with Microsoft:
In the long run, I think digital will be a big player, so it is probably worth finding a way to generate interest for digital buyers to buy games at Best Buy, instead of directly off the console.
Occassionally, while viewing BestBuy.com I come across a problem such as a blaringly bad typo, bad package deal, or just downright incorrect information. It would be nice to have the functionality option to report a problem with a product page, and allow BestBuy.com to make corrections to fix the problems. Maybe even an incentive program for a few Reward Zone points to the account if the problem is verified and fixed. Not much, like 10-20 points, just a little thank you.
Release Day Delivery (similar to what Amazon offers with Prime) should be a perk of Gamers Club Unlocked membership. I understand you want to drive foot traffic, but offering only slow or expensive shipping is a poor way to drive store foot traffic from a customer satisfaction perspective! Surely you must realize this. I'd be willing to pay even more for GCU if it included guaranteed Release Day home delivery.
Hey guys, I have this idea that there should be a "Pre-Order Overview" Page on BestBuy.com and My.Bestbuy.com. It is similar to the Points overview but instead it keeps track of all your online and in-store pre-orders of games and products. I currently have 14 games pre-order. A few I pre-ordered last year after E3 and these games are set to release sometime in 2015.
I think there are some games I have pre-ordered but can't remember which. I now have to go search my Points Overview and figure out what games I have ordered and which have not released yet. By having an area dedicated to pre-orders I could view and keep track of games and products that I have already recieved and games that I have ordered and their release dates when they are announced. Having the release date is a must becaues so many games are getting delayed it would be useful to know if a pre-order has moved.
Organize it from whichever game is about to release to the games which are furthest away or have no date announced yet. This would be the 2nd most useful tool to me besides my points overview. Even making it a Gamers Club or Gamers Club Unlocked tool would work. Just make it already!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
we all been there no? forgot about a upcoming collectors edition and had to order from another store or even worse miss out completly.
now the idea would be GCU members get a email the 48 hours before bestbuy starts taking instore/online pre orders. this would give us first crack and a reminder the games ready to be pre ordered. limit it to one CE per GCU account a comming soon page where a GCU member could click each up coming game they want a email notification for in this program.
Media (video games/movies) is being shipped from BestBuy.com in plastic bags that offer zero protection during the shipping process. The chances of items arriving to the customer in rough shape are pretty high. At least, many of my orders arrive with beat up slipcovers and creased artwork.
I understand that these plastic bags probably exist as a means for cutting shipping costs. The number of people complaining about smashed slipcovers or creased artwork is probably miniscule (many people probably just throw away slipcovers). While I would love for everything to be shipped in cardboard mailers or boxes, I would at least like the option to upgrade the packaging to ensure the item is protected during transit and arrives looking like it would if I were to pick it up at the store. I know that's a slippery slope since you almost have to admit to poor packaging to offer an upgrade to decent packaging.
The competition isn't doing much better in the packaging department for me (Amazon varies by fulfullment center and the fulfillment center that I'm stuck with is terrible). If any retailer starts to show some care for how the item arrives to the customer, I'll end up being loyal to that retailer.
I have tried ordering multiple items together in the hopes that it would force them to be shipped in a box since they would not fit in the envelopes together. Unfortunately, the order was split up so that each item was shipped individually in it's own plastic envelope.
Being an Elite Plus member since it's implementation, I have enjoyed the benefits of early access Black Friday. However, the event itself has been a struggle at times with site freezing/crashing due to online congestion. I have missed out on some items over the years due to these problems. I was also disappointed that Elite and Plus members were allowed to invite 3 (Non Elite) people to participate in the early access event. I understand that this was meant as a perk but, it really diminished everything that Elite & Eite Plus members have done to reach this status. On top of that, it only added more congestion to the website on early access day.
I have a few suggestion:
1) Cancel the 3 invites to people that haven't earned Elite status.
2) Reward your Elite Plus members with an earlier access than Elite members. If even for a few hours, this would lower the congestion to the website during the regular event PLUS, show appreciation to your customers who reach the highest loyaly status.
3) Even though there are some GREAT deals during the early access BF event, there is always a shortage of new or big ticket items. I would love to see a couple deep discounted 4K TV's (65" or 55"), Curved TV, Apple (w/gift cards) e.t.c
I think that this is an idea that Best Buy should consider greatly. I am a hardcore gamer and probably purchase ten games per year or more from Best Buy and that is just for me. I buy plenty of games as gifts as well. So I would say I buy about 15-20 $60 games per year. That a lot of cash ($1000+). I have recently been considering taking my gaming business elsewhere due to the current state of GCU. It used to be such an amazing deal and a great way to reward your most loyal customers. You would get a monthly magazine and $10 for every $150 spent, not to mention the amazing "5 for $100" and "Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered" promotions. Now, the only thing of mention is 20% off new games. While this is an amazing deal, it also is not. Lets take a look. Lets say you buy 5 games per year. Under the old system you would pay $15 for the membership and get $20 per game in certs, plus an extra $20 for spending $300. That's $120 in certs - $15 membership cost = $105. Under the new system, you get $12 off per game plus $10 in certs. That's $22 per game or $110 but the membership costs you $120 instead of $15, so you lose money. Here are my proposed changes to the program. If I don't see a positive improvement to the program soon, I will be switching to Amazon most likely.
1. Change the membership cost to something a bit more reasonable and add a one year option. $59.99 per year or $99.99 for two seems fair. That way people are saving money by going with the two year option.
2. Get rid of the magazine. It is pointless now that it is no longer print. I mean, it was nice to get a magazine in the mail every month which is why I still subscribe to GI, but now that it is digital only, it is dumb. By the time the magazine is available, I have known all the "news" for weeks or longer thanks to the internet.
3. Extend the 20% discount to accessories.
4. Keep the $10 pre-order bonus for free My Best Buy members but make it $15 for Unlocked members. Why are the people that pay $120 for their membership getting the same bonus as those that don't? Also, add new games to this list on a regular basis. A good way to do this would be to add new games every quarter. So say, add new games for Jan-Mar, then April-June, etc. There are so many games that I would purchase if they were part of this promotion.
5. Give bonus points for pre-ordering and picking up ANY game within a week of release, not just the ones on the $10/$15 promotion. Say if a game isn't on that promotion, you at least get $5 bonus.
6. Bring back the $10 for every $150 or maybe even $5 for every $100.
7. Get rid of the ridiculous 3 game limit and only ban someone if they are clearly abusing the discount for resale purposes (i.e. you notcie them buying ten copies of every game that comes out). I don't want to have to keeo track of my game purchases and worry that buying a gift for someone might put me over my limit and get my account deleted.
8. Have prizes like GameStop does with their Epic Giveaways (signed games, chance to go to E3, etc.)
I know I would like to see this for sure, whether it gets added to the "Preorder and Get $10 in Reward Certificates" promotion, or gets a free $10 gc launch week, etc.
Other games that have been relased multiple times on various platforms (GTA V, Halo) are getting the $10 Reward Certificate treatment once again, so why not for the Ultimate Evil edition, which is coming to some platforms (PS4, Xbox One) for the very first time?
I would love to be able to keep track of my preorders via MyBestBuy. I currently have a lot of preorders for this fall. Tons of good games plus figures for Disney Infinity and Skylanders. It would be great to see a list of these items, the remaining cost, release date all organized on an order page where I can get a good visual for how much damage I am causing to my wallet. Thanks.
I can't tell you how many times I've found out about a specail edition release only AFTER it's sold out. The most recent is the Destiny Ghost Edition. How about an alert for GCU members that not only tells you when new games are announced but also as soon as Special Edition versions are available? As far as I know, no one else is doing this.
I was wondering if there was any way to implement a filter to hide the used video games that are not available for shipping. 3,400 games at 50 games per page takes an extremely long time to click through, especially when the majority of the games say they are not available for shipping.
A checkbox under "Narrow Your results" that says "In Stock For shipping" and pulls all the BBY.com in-stock items would be greatly helpful and would most likely boost sales from others who also dread scrolling through all 68 pages of used games.
I would like to see Best Buy copy the program they have up in Canada at FutureShop for video game steelbooks. It would be great to get more exclusive video game steelbooks as pre-order bonuses. Best Buy here in the USA does offer steelbooks for video games but it is only on rare occassions.
Upcoming Steelbooks from FutureShop
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy Xiii