Add Product

Search Results:

By submitting an idea to IdeaX, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.    

Provide option to load physical Gift Cards in BestBuy My Account

by hiteshpatel on ‎05-13-2016 09:18 AM

I just discovered that there is no option in bestbuy "my accounts" section where I can load up my physical bestbuy gift cards like how Amazon provides. It would be a great feature to provide this option to the end users so that they get full benefit out of it as below:

• No need to carry physical gift cards to store (just give the member ID or phone number to look up and use them)
  • No need to physically type the card number and pin at the time of checkout
  • Keep loading the card in my accounts section and use it as needed
  • No need to maintain physical card, remember which card has balance and eliminate chances of a misplaced card

I feel this is a very convenient feature if added for end users that have large number of physical cards. An option to think about.

Regards,

Hitesh

I think this is a terrific idea. Who else would like to have this option? Please remember to vote for an idea if you like it.

Comments
by Trusted Contributor
on ‎10-25-2016 12:17 PM

When I purchased my HD TV I had spent the previous 18 months or so tellling everyone that all I wanted for Chirstmas and birthday was Best Buy gift cards for the purpose of buying a TV.  Over that time I probably received 15 to 20 cards.  It would have been a great help to have been able to load them into my account as I got them.  It was a little tedious entering them all in at one time when I finally made the purchase online.

by Bayuze79
on ‎10-25-2016 12:22 PM

Exactly @bobberuchi ! And i think there is a limitation to the number of gift cards you can use per order right? (i cant recall)

Imagine you have a wedding registry and you have 25 friends and family give you gift cards of varying denominations and you want to buy a big ticket item online? Impossible if there is a limit to thenumber of gift cards you can use.

by Trusted Contributor
on ‎10-25-2016 01:43 PM

At first I though the post was to laod money onto your existing best buy gift card from say a checking account.  Which would not be a bad idea either. However, there would still be the rewards issue for some people.

It could be like lay away.  Say I want to buy a new top of the line HD TV or gaming computer.  I get paid every two weeks and I simply load $50 to my account every pay day.  After 10 pay days I have $500 saved up and I can now buy my TV

by USMC369
on ‎12-18-2016 08:10 AM

I agree with this totally. People have been asking this question since 2014 on here. Whats the hold up?

Join the Community
Join the community and enjoy all the benefits! You may be our next expert!
Join Sign In
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels