Add Product

Search Results:

By submitting an idea to IdeaX, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.    

PDF Receipts attached to Email

by jamielupton on ‎10-27-2017 02:58 PM

Hi,

When I make a purchase at Best Buy, I often choose the email and paper receipt. This is because if I'm checked on the way out, not having the paper receipt is troublesome. Sometimes the email is not instant, or the cell coverage in the store isn't perfect.

The email receipt is useful but could be more so. I file all my receipts and extended warranties in Dropbox. At the moment I'm forced to print my receipt to PDF which results in a messy attempt at a formatted email put onto a PDF which spans 2 or 3 pages.

I suggest you adopt a system which creates a PDF of the receipt/invoice and actually attaches it to the email, perhaps with the transaction number and date as the filename. I buy a lot from you for my own home but also projects for rental managers I do so it would make my life much easier. I could just save the PDf directly to Dropbox or Google Drive.

Furthermore, when you sign people up for extended warranties, you could attach a nicely formatted PDF to the email as well with all the benefits and contact details. I've often scanned in bi-fold leaflets where needed.

You'd make customer's lives easier, and save paper and printing costs along the way.

Thanks,

Jamie.

Comments
by Emerging Expert
on ‎10-31-2017 11:44 AM
I kind of like this idea. A competitor that begins with a W has the ability to scan in receipts into the app to not only get the lower price, but also has a 1:1 copy of the receipt that can be viewed in the app. If BBY can adopt similar technology it would be nice.
by TheJadedGamer
on ‎11-13-2017 06:17 AM
@hockeycanuckjc Even a non competitor whose name begins with a K and keeps closing stores has the option for a print and/or email receipt.
Join the Community
Join the community and enjoy all the benefits! You may be our next expert!
Join Sign In
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels