Add Product

Search Results:

By submitting an idea to IdeaX, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.    

20% discount off video game accessories for GCU

by on ‎02-27-2014 03:29 PM
20% discount off video game accessories for GCU IMO so this savings would pretty much ensure BB gets the sale. Other retailers & BB do run 10%, 15% & 20% off a few times per yr but it seems like the item(s) you may need/want haven`t broke yet. Or there`s SE/LE that you`re willing to pay for but the promo isn`t in effect.

I did finally hear back on this one and we will not be moving forward with this idea.

Comments
by
on ‎04-11-2014 11:04 AM
Another option to consider is that larger titles get exclusive controllers & other accessories with logos from that game. These should be discounted with GCU when the game + accessory is purchased together. Getting the game controller for $100 vs $120 elsewhere would equal 2 sales for BB since 2x rz points would be about another $5 in two weeks.
by novasprite
on ‎07-05-2014 07:25 AM
I've already stopped buying my games from anywhere else thanks to GCU. If this happens, this would make Best Buy my gaming central for sure!
by JimmyBeatty
on ‎07-07-2014 09:06 PM

That would be fantastic and I would definitly go to best buy a lot more often. I'm pretty sure a lot more people would buy gamer's club unlocked memberships too

by option
on ‎07-07-2014 09:24 PM

I too would be in favor for this. This feels like the only thing missing from GCU and would make the whole thing more than worth it.

by NintendoTim
on ‎07-07-2014 11:00 PM

20% off of accessories is asking way too much. 10% seems to be the sweet spot that some have already mentioned. Adding more value to a $60/year sub (which ends up paying for itself, if you actually use it) is great, but this stretching it.

by
on ‎07-08-2014 02:13 AM
@ NintendoTim 10% is still better than 0% so I`d be cool with that. But keep in mind accessory margins are quite high that`s why they`re able to sit on the shelves for so long with no sales. The fact that a controller remains at $50-$60 for years while the actual systems cost can be reduced from $400-$100 while remaining profitable is telling. This also would greatly assist the PS Vita sales based off their extremely overpriced memory cards.
by Birbo
on ‎07-09-2014 09:42 PM

Best Buy haspretty much  locked in all my new game purchases with GCU. If I got 20% accessories, they'd get all those sales from me as well. Plus I'd probably end up spending more since I was saving money. Smiley Happy

by tmrendo
on ‎07-10-2014 07:31 PM

Accessories are often a little over priced. 20% off at Best Buy would make a lot of purchases a no brainer for me.

by DietrichHaywood
on ‎07-13-2014 02:18 AM
Put me down for this!
by sainrub
on ‎07-13-2014 07:04 AM

I want Best Buy to be the only place I go for my gaming needs. With GCU applying to accessories that would definitely seal the deal. Thanks guys, have a great day!

Join the Community
Join the community and enjoy all the benefits! You may be our next expert!
Join Sign In
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels