05-07-2012 03:19 PM
OK, I'll try to summarize briefly.
1. Called GS Renewals on Saturday, 3/24 to renews BTPP on my Sony Vaio. Was quoted a price, as I recall, of $99 for 2 years.
2. Next day, noticed in my online banking a charge for $122 ($119 + tax). Called GS. Was told it was for 1 year. They said they would send me a gift card for $25. I said, "fine, for 2 years right?" They said, "No, only 1 year." I said, "No, that's not what I was told yesterday. I was told $99 for 2 years." Was told to call back later
3. Called a 2nd time on 3/25. Was told they would look into it.
4. Still no action on 3/29, so called again.
5. Still no action on 4/4, so called again. Was told by supervisor (Nick or Nicholas, I believe) that he would put in a request for the original call center to listen to the call recording to see what renewal agent told me. Supervisor said it would take 7-10 days.
6. Called back after 13 days on 4/17, still no action. Spoke to Norma and said they would submit request again.
7. Called back again on 4/23, still no action.Nick/Nicholas was not in so...
9. Called back again on 4/24. Sp to Tonya, Nick not in. Also spoke to Jeremy (supervisor).
10. Called 5/3, still no action. Spoke to Jeremy. Said Nick would be in later in the day. I asked Jeremy to have Nick give me a call.
11. Called 5/3 again when I had not heard from Nick.
12. Called 5/3 again when I had still not heard from Nick. Dusty told me that Nick had 'escalated it to corporate.' Nick, through Dusty, said the request was sent on 4/4, but had not heard anything back.
13. Called corporate BB number and transferred to GS call center in KY; spoke to Adam. He put me on hold to talk to someone and basically came back and said there was nothing he could do.
- 6 weeks
- At least 12 phone calls
- No progress in resolving
- My request has only been that they listen to the recording of the original call to see what Dymon (renewal agent) told me regarding price and term. I contend I was told $99 for 2 years, which I agreed to. BB says, "well, we sent you a $25 gift card to make up the difference." True, but BB is only providing 1 year on the BTPP. I want 2 years if that is what I was told.
Any suggestions on how to deal with such incompetence?
05-08-2012 10:30 AM
05-10-2012 02:49 PM
I apologize for any miscommunication on our part while you were buying a renewal plan with us. It sounds like you’ve been chasing down a resolution for a while now and I would like to jump in to see what I can do to help. Could you please send me a private message with your home phone number and any case numbers you might have from your previous calls? You can send me a private message by logging into the forums and hitting the button to the right of my signature below.