09-13-2010 10:07 AM
I will start by saying that the 2 geek squad representatives sent to my home by best buy were extremely pollite and made every attempt to at least appear to do something for the money i wasted on their services (albiet completely unrelated to my purchase). With that said i was extremely dissastified and would not recomend purchasing any geek squad package for anyone considering their services. I myself purchased a new TV with network capabilities and in a lot of ways feel as though i was sold a bill of goods at the best buy store when i was told Geek Squad would come in and do all of these grand things showing me the ins and outs of my TV and getting everything set up. Now the reasons being for my dissastification are:
1) their scheduling isn't speedy by any means, i believe it was roughly a week from my purchase date (who's going to wait that long leaving their thousand dollar toys sitting in a box?)
2) upon arriving the first words out of their mouth were "so what are we here for?" (shouldn't they know that?)
3) at one point in time as the guy was struggling to connect my TV to the network i was told they were not very network savvy and were more accustomed to installing theater systems (why am i paying top dollar for untrained techs?)
4) upon finally conecting the TV to the network the service tech vaguely scrolled through a few options i had for using items like netflix or checking the weather (not exactly what i would consider showing me anything ground breaking)
5) unrelated to geek squad but i realized upon their arrival i was never given a $20 coupon for a movie service feature for purchasing the geeksquad package
All in all the guys were there for about 30 minutes and while i don't fault them seeing as i was to impatient and set everything up myself (how hard is it to plug in a tv and a few HDMI cables?), i found the service to be a bit lacking. I suppose i could fault myself for wasting the money considering i am extremely confortable with electronics and should have known better, i simply expected a bit more than what i was given considering the package was valued at $250 (i only paid $50 thankfully). I'm not here to bash geeksquad, the techs did the best they could but don't expect much for the money
09-15-2010 02:48 PM
I was disheartened to read about your recent home theater setup experience. Like you, I would expect both an early appointment and a walkthrough of the setup process to be included with the purchase of any installation service, so your disappointment is certainly understandable. I’m also surprised that the technicians didn’t know what services you had requested prior to arriving – this information should have been outlined for them when your appointment was scheduled. Rest assured though that our field services management team will be made aware of the situation.
As far as the $20 CinemaNow card is concerned, it’s my understanding that it should have received it when you purchased your TV. If you did not, however, I’d be glad to see what can be done to assist you. Please make sure to check your private messages by signing into the forums and then clicking on the letter icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page.