08-08-2011 08:31 AM
BB, why do you allow these used car sales people to occupy space in your store??
I was pitched DTV the other day and the person obviously couldn't get the story, features or prices straight and I could tell something wasn't on the up and up.
Beyond the blatent hard-sell, Come to find out, I was lied to about these things:
- Said that shows aired on HBO and Showtime would appear in on-demand 3 days later (It's actually 2 WEEKS!). Was basically telling me that I didn't need HBO or Showtime Subs.
- Said that their On-Demand service had ALL of the newest releases before netflix and that it was 100% FREE. (This is wrong, new releases are $4.99 EACH!)
- Said that they had way more channels than my local cable provider and that I wouldn't give up any channels other than Bay News 9 (LIE! I've searched and found a channel line-up that shows many channels that DTV does not have. (MavTV, G4TV, AMC HD and tons more!!)
They tried to hard-sell me and tell me that the only way I could get the deal they were offering was in the store, that DAY. LIE! Guess what, it's right on the front of the Directv website.
This has me wondering what else they are hiding and left a horrible taste in my mouth. I would think that if BB was going to team up with these jokers, they would at least make sure they aren't trying to trick people into a service that they will likely not be 100% happy with. BB, this makes you look bad.
I'll tell you - I've been shopping at BB for a LONG time. I have bought some items online too but like to support brick and mortar stores. After this experience, I'll be tempted to visit my BB to research products, but then order online through Amazon or another online retailer to save the money.
08-08-2011 08:50 AM
The service does sound good and I'm sure there are a lot of Pros - but beware - Directv sales reps outright lied to me about the services and prices of their Directv packages. Do your homework!
- You might be losing channels that you like. I was told that they had all of the channels that my local cable provider had (except for 1 local channel). not true!
- They might tell you that you have to buy it in-store to get the current deal they are offering. NOT TRUE - check the directv website.
- They say that you can watch the same shows that come on HBO and Showtime on their On-Demand service 3 days after airing. NOT TRUE. Usually 2-weeks and not guaranteed at all!
- They told me that their on-demand service was 100% free and included all of the latest released, even before Netflix or Redbox. NOT TRUE. New releases are $4.99 each!
I might still consider DTV but I'm going to to my own research because the jokers in the store just want a hard-sell. What ever happened to the honest, up-front sales person who could rely on the quality of his product to sell itself??
08-08-2011 10:04 AM
The thing is - I AM interested but I expect honest information. They are shooting themselves in the foot because I MIGHT still be interested, even with these "cons" of Directv - but by playing the "don't say anything negative" sales tactic, I'm now examining it very closely and have also decided to compare it to Dish and some other local offerings. If they had been 100% honest, I would have probably signed up right then.
08-08-2011 12:38 PM
I tried entering my home address on their website to see - and they couldn't find me. I haven't heard of anyone else around here getting it either, so I suspect it's not available.
Is that the "go-to" service lately?
08-08-2011 12:52 PM
08-09-2011 06:08 PM
08-09-2011 10:21 PM
08-09-2011 11:08 PM
I 100% agree! I have had the worst night in a long time. In late July we went to BB and bought a new TV and they directed us to a DirecTV rep. We already have DirecTV so I wasn't sure what they were going to offer us, the rep told us that if I wasn't in a contract with DirecTV that I could cancel mine and my husband could sign up instead and then we would get all of the latest and greatest stuff that DirecTV has to offer. He also said we would get a $50 BB card and later a $200 card. Sounded to good to pass up, I should have known better! Anyway, our TV installation and DirecTV installation were scheduled for tomorrow morning. We had gotten a couple of confirmation calls and all seemed good to go, then we got a call telling us that our DirecTV service installation had been cancelled. The man who called was some sort of fraud alert person. He said I had to use my account and couldn't cancel and open one in my husbands name. That is fine but I still wanted my new HD receiver so I could watch my new HDTV! The next time DirecTV could get to us was on the 31st of August. I am so upset about this, I had no idea it was fraudulent and I completely trusted that this DirecTV rep knew what he was talking about. I STRONGLY feel that I should not have been the one who was punished!!! After hours on the phone with all sorts of different people, August 31st is still the soonest we can get our HD receiver. Ridiculous! DirecTV reps should not be allowed in BB stores unless they know what the heck they are talking about. BTW my husband and I both had asked for the day off work tomorrow so we could be here for the installation. Vacation time is not easy to come by!