04-03-2012 02:30 PM
10 reasons why it's a good idea to close up shop. At least if you do it now your employees can start to look for new means... Itll get more serious as you go down
1. Your customer service sucks.. You always hire that one girl who hates everyone and dropped out of high school... To be the person to do returns. You also call people liars and make false statements on returns to try to force the customer to get it fixed by the warranty holder. Rather then hold up your retailers warranty and do it yourselves...
2. Ive walked through the store hundreds of times and have heard your sales employees constantly lie to people to make a sale. I once had an employee at BB say if I added a cd rom it would make my pc faster... Again false sales practices not good...
3. Geek squad is useless and has people with no degrees maybe 1 certification overcharging people for nothing. Most problems can be fixed in 2 minutes. But, They lie and tell people you need a new hard drive, memory, etc. They always try to sell them hardware as a reason to why software failed.. They charge people 150 bucks for lies... 90% of my local computer repairs come from people who recently were ripped off by BestBuy and want a real technician to fix their electronics. I generate more business off Craigslist with the tag "geek squad ripped you off? Look here first"
4 Youve lied to us for years with your rewardzone program. But it's not a reward program that helps 99% of your customer base, no... What do the figures show most people who are in the rewardzone for more than 1 year have an annual household income of more then 250k . So Basically your rewards program is set up for only 3% of citizens in the united states.. when i can say 95% of best buys customers are well below that line.. well say 100k and below. Why don't they want to appeal to their daily customers? Cause Best Buy thinks you are cheap..
5. who can forget when circuit city was around. But I remember this 10 year period of Best Buy sending out flyers with false prices, false items, all with the intention of getting someone through the door and ripping them off by selling something they don't need. See only difference now is you still do it.. On sale for 49.99 Limit 3 per store Then it's not a sale its a special offer for 3 people. That is directly from my BB flyer...
are you still wondering why Best Buy is gonna go out of business....
6. Best Buy knowingly and intentionally restocking items that have been returned as being defective. Someone says hey this radio has a button that doesn't work.. What does Best Buy do... Open box. If it has the box they just re-seal it and put it on the shelf as new. They don't even care if they sell you a working product.. tv's, computers, stereos, you name it that's how they sell it.
7. You ripped us off with the price match guarantee... If they find it you call and then make up excuses. What was that corporate rebuttal book Best Buy handed to there employees..."Competition Insider Template" by Phil Bratton, of BB's competitive strategy group.. I'm sorry 90-year-old lady I know you can read the sales flyer but I just called the store and they said there all out so we don't have to honor that sales ad... I bet you remember that, how did that class action suit work out by the way?
8. When Best Buy had that ongoing policy of telling people who called the customer service 800 number "if you don't like it then don't shop at Best Buy". I think it was right when Brian Dunn came into play and started best buy reign of rip off the blind customer... Check out some of the recordings on youtube.. Hilarious CSR's..
9. Everyone expects some form of mark-up at retail.. But BB takes it beyond the thunderdome. sometimes achieving a 100% markup over local retail competitors... How is this possible or why even you ask... Lets say best buy believes in the blind sheep method.. Customer walks into BB knows what they want but doesn't know they price... So best buy tries to sell them product A at retail, Product B with less than standard markup, product C lies to them completely about what it does and has a 100% markup(monster cable).. Well since the blind sheep thinks product C will loom garbage into gold they went with C.. Brian Dunns philosophy on if your dumb enough to still shop at best buy were gonna rip you off.
So now after years of ripping people off. Spitting in their faces after you rip them off. Hiring people and turning them into dishonest crooks by selling your lies or losing their jobs to bad performance records. Intentionally handing off responsibility of knowingly broken or defective good. telling customers to get lost. Rewards for the rich, false ad flyers, fraudulent price matching services.... You decide "to be more customer centric." And to rightfully encourage a "dedicated and knowledgeable sales staff."
After all this, all youve done is created a generation of smart shoppers who want nothing to do with you. Other then that 1 time theres a sale of 3 items. Most of us are just gonna keep on telling the world how horrible Best Buy is.. In the meantime keep up with that blind sheep business model and lemme know how it works out... As for me im doing exactly what Best Buy told me and that's not shopping at Best Buy. So take it how you will ladies choice.
04-03-2012 05:16 PM
Look, you're gonna have to create your own website for this tired blog.
04-03-2012 05:29 PM
04-03-2012 05:31 PM
04-03-2012 05:42 PM
The 10th reason why Best Buy should close shop?
To give haters exactly what they want. With no "showroom" to browse, they'll be at Amazon's mercy. That's until some other cut-throat online retailer steps up.
Your local economy will continue to struggle, but at least you get your consumer electronics cheap. It's progress, of course.
04-04-2012 12:14 AM
I'd be mad if no one knew who I was and didn't read my (insert social media site or blog), and would take it somewhere, where I could at least get some shock responses.
A riddle for you...what hides under bridges?
04-04-2012 10:24 AM
04-04-2012 10:50 AM
Wow, thanks for your feedback! We love hearing insight from our customers, even if it's to make improvements going forward and clearly you've noticed several areas that have made you voice your concerns with us. I'll surely pass this onwards to our Leadership Team to be internally addressed and feel free to post back with any additional concerns or comments.
04-04-2012 05:53 PM
if you look at slimjim77 you have the male version of number 1
Thanks for clearing this up. It kind of looked like you have a problem with women.