Add Product

Search Results:

Samsung refrigerator, plastic shelves breaking and rotting

My 3 year old Samsung refrigerator (bottom freezer, 2 door frig on top) has had a host of problems with the quality and durability of the shelves. They are continuously cracking and rotting.  Parts of them almost appear to be melting.  Go figure - in a COLD environment, the plastic looks like it's melting.... This is happening with just about every shelf in the entire unit - on the doors and in the main area. Now I'm using duct tape to keep everything intact.  This must be a defect. It's as if the plastic is being "eaten away" .  Please share your experiences with Samsung Refrigerators.  VERY DISSATISFIED with this product!!!!!

Topics: 63
Kudos: 69
Solutions: 33

Re: Samsung refrigerator, plastic shelves breaking and rotting

I also have a Samsung Fridge but its the side by side model and I did am not having any issues like that. Wow have you called Samsung at all?

Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!

Same story here. Two years ago our LG plastic ledges and shelves were virtually all broken and not surprisingly, the parts were not available as I suspect they'd been purchased by others experiencing similar trouble. So, we bit the bullet and got rid of it. We purchased a new Samsung, side by side. Last month we discovered two plastic shelves were breaking, involving both clear and white plastic. No...the shelves are not being abused in any manner whatsoever, nor is the fridge being operated in any way that's unusual-nor are we refridgerating formaldehyde or anything chemical-like beyond the pickling juice found in your average jar of pickles. I've not attempted to contact Samsung because...I think it'll be a waste of time or it'll tax my patience beyond what I'm willing to endure. If Samsung's reading this and wishes to help--I'll co operate.

Thanks Best Buy for allowing me to vent my spleen. Obviously, if you're thinking of buying Samsung or the other S. Korean manufactured fridge: LG, I trust you'll think at least twice before doing so. I thought plastic had been all but figured out by the end of the 1970's. 

To be fair--the rest of the fridge has been very good.

Topics: 63
Kudos: 69
Solutions: 33

Its seems like the manufacturers are more set in making the fridge look good and have plenty of features and comprising on the interior parts.  Since my post in the freezer section a frozen can fell and hit the bottom of the freezer area and the plastic cracked.  It functions fine and my Best Buy warranty doesn't covers cosmetic issues so I deal with it. Beside that though the fridge has been excellent and its still a current model.

Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!

We have the same issue where all the shelves are breaking!! We had no help from bestbuy and Samsung technical departement ignore the complaint.
Best advice "Stay away from Samsung " and try an other place to buy your appliances.....

The boys at Samsung ignore your inquiries at their own peril. Last time I checked the appliance market was highly competitive.