Add Product

Search Results:

1989 Frigidaire Electri Clean Stove

I ran the self-cleaning feature on my stove two days ago, and the oven door remains locked. The door automatically locks when running the self-cleaning feature. I ran the cleaning feature without access to an owner's manual, but the manuals I found on the web suggested that the door will unlock automatically when the oven cools - in about one hour. I shut the oven down without letting the time completely finish. I do not know if this action might have created problem. Alternatively, could the oven have "cooked" the lock as the oven got quite hot while cleaning.

Trusted Contributor

Re: 1989 Frigidaire Electri Clean Stove

You may have to re run  the cleaning cycle and let it finish.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Topics: 63
Kudos: 69
Solutions: 33

or reset the oven by flipping the breaker.  Just make sure the oven is still not trying to clean.

Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!

I tried both restarting the cleaning cycle and flipping the breaker. Neither worked. I ended up lifting up the range top to access the lock assembly. I then forced the lock latch open with a screwdriver. I assume maybe the locking mechanism went bad while cleaning. I will know next time I try to use the self-cleaning system. It may no longer function if the locking mechanism is faulty, but at least my range is otherwise fully functioning.