Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

virtual reality headset

What is the best virtual reality headset I can get that would work with a Samsung Galaxy Express 3 cell phone?  Is a stand-alone better?  He would like to play games, have "adventures", view 3D movies, etc. I know absolutely nothing about virtual reality headsets.  Thanks so much for your help!

Re: virtual reality headset

To be honest, nothing would be a good fit really. The Galaxy Express 3 features a screen with quite low resolution. (480 by 800 pixels). In comparison with the Galaxy S8 who has a 2960 by 1440 pixel resolution, which is a massive amount of pixels more (384,000 pixels total versus 4,262,400).

Any attempt at VR on the Galaxy Express 3 will look incredibly blurry/pixelated (think Super Mario Bros from the Super Nintendo system, even). In addition, the phone likely does not have the power to do anything VR-related.

However if you still insist, I'd suggest trying something entry-level like the Insignia VR kit for $10 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-virtual-reality-viewer/5403414.p?skuId=5403414). If you like the experience, you may want to look into a new phone that's built/ready for VR.

Trusted Contributor

I would go with a Google Cardboard Goggle 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Thank you!  Can you recommend any stand alone VR headsets (those that don't hook up to a phone)?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

The Occulus Rift has been a leader in home VR gear for awhile now.

Though the HTC VR system really looks to nail it good.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.