Add Product

Search Results:

samsung s6 active software update

Unable to update software on my Samsung S6 which is currently in 5.0.2 android version. Phone is unlocked and I am not using an ATT sim card. How can I update?

Trusted Contributor

Re: samsung s6 active software update

I think you need to have a sim card and a service contract to get your phone software upgraded.

It is the carrier that pushes the updates out to the phone.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Thanks for the reply bobberuchi.

So the only way I can update software an S6 active is go back to the US and get an ATT sim and contract? I refuse to beleive that is the only option I have.
Trusted Contributor

The updates are pushed by the carrier not by to os developer and not by the phone manufacturer.

The networks looks for the the IMEI (International Mobile Equiptment Identity) which is part of the Simm Card

For those in the USA, if you have a friend that has AT&T service, put their SIM card in the phone and it will update.  However not an option for you.  But it may or may not work internationally.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.