Add Product

Search Results:

Re: iPhone X FAQ

The guy who wrote that statement using "flexibility has a cost" as the reason for the $100 for the price difference must be regretting it. It's reaching viral meme status.

I just hope that they end of doing something about it. I mean they prob won’t but that guy must be kicking himself.
Recognized Member

Re: iPhone X Pre-Order Shipping

I would assume Apple, acting as the vendor, would ship them to Best Buy, who then allocates a certain amount of phones per region per store.

I wish I knew about the 1 phone limit before ordering. I would have ordered through my carrier.

I've been a loyal Best Buy customer for years now with Elite Plus every year, including now. I felt I would continue this loyalty spending $4k on three phones, even with the $100 price gouge per phone.

Now I have to tell two people in my family they are not getting iPhones. Why wasn't there a warning before I did so staying up late at night placing the orders?

After this, I do not plan to keep my Elite Plus membership. I will be reconsidering where I do all my shopping now.

Thanks Best Buy... way to let a loyal customer down....

Re: iPhone X Pre-Order Experience

Why is it that the universal phones will not work outside of the USA?  The cdma and gsm phones all have the same bands. The only difference is that one has cdma and the other doesn’t. Please explain. 

I’m confused. I also thought there wasn’t another phone. To not be able to use the phone internationally seems strange to me. Do you to insert a Verizon sim to activate and also have an active Verizon account? I paid full price for the phone and I think it automatically sold me a universal phone.
Recognized Member

@rhemy

The reason has to do with US Reseller Flex Policy, which affects all iPhones sold outside of Apple Stores. It’s totally baseless and anti-consumer.

You can use any Verizon SIM (as long as it’s not blacklisted or anything), active account or not, for the initial setup. This is the best workaround.

Thank you. I just read the link from macrumors. Your post saved me a huge headache. I have an att account and would have just put my att sim in it. But I’ll use the Verizon sim now. At least my extra 100 is worth something.

Do you know about the get it by date. Mine is Nov. 3, but how likely is it that bestbuy will actually get us the phones by then.
Recognized Member

You’re very welcome, I am glad I could help!

In regards to the estimated delivery / pick-up date, it all depends on when you ordered. If it was within the first 30 minutes of when pre-orders went live, the November 3rd estimate should be accurate, but of course there is never a guarantee. Only the Best Buy vendors have that knowledge.