Add Product

Search Results:

iPhone 7 preorder awaiting authorization?

I placed my order for a silver 128g iPhone 7 on Sept. 11, and chose free shipping to my home as the closest BB store is nearly two hours away. Since then, my order says "authorization pending" with no sign that the phone has shipped, thus voiding my supposed "guarantee" that I will receive the phone on release day. Why is this issue occurring, when I have upgrade eligibility, a $0 fee for purchase, and used a CC in good standing? When will I receive my phone??

Re: iPhone 7 preorder awaiting authorization?

aprilsloan24 wrote:
I placed my order for a silver 128g iPhone 7 on Sept. 11, and chose free shipping to my home as the closest BB store is nearly two hours away. Since then, my order says "authorization pending" with no sign that the phone has shipped, thus voiding my supposed "guarantee" that I will receive the phone on release day. Why is this issue occurring, when I have upgrade eligibility, a $0 fee for purchase, and used a CC in good standing? When will I receive my phone??

I would probably give Best Buy Customer Service a call.

Re: iPhone 7 preorder awaiting authorization?

This is happening because they don't have enough phones. People that ordered their phones at midnight on September 9th aren't even getting their phones on launch day. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but the fact is, unless you order right away, the chances of you receiving your phone on launch day are almost non existant. That's just how apple launches are. this is how it has been since the first iphone in 2007.

If you end up getting your phone, great, but if not, you really didn't order it quickly enough, to be honest. 

I woke up at 3 a.m. on september 9th to order my phone. I placed the order only minutes after pre orders started. I just wanted the matte black. Do you think my phone will be available to me on launch day? Probably not. 

You're honestly better off waiting in line at an apple store and cancelling your order with best buy if you want the phone that badly on launch day. Hundreds of thousands of people take the day off work to accomodate this.

Good luck

Re: iPhone 7 and 7 Plus FAQ

I tried to order a Jet Black 7 Plus from Apple at 3 AM on 9/9, by the time I got through they were shipping October.

At 3:10 AM I placed an order for my matte black 7 Plus for in-store pickup at my local BB.  As a long time customer, I sincerely hope they have my phone waiting for pick up tomorrow as the store was doing in-store pre orders when they opened up at 10 AM.

If not, I will probably stop purchasing so much from Best Buy, this year I am already at over $13,000 spent.

I preordered a 32GB black on 9/11. Just got an email today saying my phone is ready for pickup tomorrow. I'm guessing it depends what market you live in as well as supply/demand. I'm feeling pretty lucky right now!

Recognized Member

So Apple didn't make enough jet black iphones to go around, and you are blaming bestbuy? 

What if your store recieves 0(that's zero, as in none, nadda, zilch) jet black iphones tomorrow. You still going to blame them. 

The fanboi's are out in force right now. 

Uh... no. If you read my post you'd see I ordered a matte black from BB. Only reason I tried to order from Apple first was to get a Jet Black if I could get one on launch. And I'm hardly an Apple fanboy, this is the first iOS device I'll be buying since my iPhone 4, I've been using BB or Android since then.

True story. 

I'm already hearing that virtually no stores, including apple stores, are getting stock of the jet black lol.

I don't understand the mindset of some of these people that think it is best buys fault. They aren't the ones supplying to phones. Apple is.

I am personally only upset with the lack of information being provided by Best Buy. We are the only customers being left in complete darkness. 

They can't even give us an accurate date range. That isn't a lot to ask. If All the carriers can do it as third party resellers, why can't best buy do the same?! 

Obviously Apple is the one to blame for not providing enough supply to meet demand.

However- BB was taking pre orders at my local store when they opened up at 10AM. Why take pre orders if you don't know what your stock will be? I'm sure BB has to make a PO with Apple and will know how many units they'll be allocated.

Somewhat worried.

Hello, 

Looking at my iPhone pre-order and for something that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow I am concerned the order status is still under "Processing"  The charge is pending on my card.  Is there any way for me to ensure this will get shipped today?