Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ FAQ

Javier, I'm sorry, I'm sure this hasn't been fun for you either.  I'm in a similar situation like everyone else.  I was told yesterday that something was wrong with the Phone and they needed to validate some number on the phone.  Apparently, they knew for a few days but did nothing to resolve it until I called and complained about the situation.  Once they finally resolved the issue, they told me that the phone would be shipped out immediately.  Unfortunately, my status is still in "Preparing" and no shipment info yet as of this moment.  I called today to ask if there is anyway I can just go to the store and pick up the phone instead of having it delivered.  But the customer service person said that's not possible and they the phone should be picked up by the UPS carrier at any moment.  That was at 1PM EST and it's not picked up as of 5:30.  My question is, if it's not picked up today, can I finally get permission to pick up the phone from the store tomorrow?  I think Bestbuy did us a huge service by offering the best discount available for this phone.  However, the execution for the roll out was handled poorly.  Hopefully Best Buy can learn from this and insure the next big roll out is handled much better.  Thank you and I would appreciate an answer to my question please.  

Bill Bixby (BBY) - I recommend Best Buy push back on Samsung hard after this. Here's a recommendation for a promotion where it's first-come first-served, supplied limited on a preorder where some businesses aren't following the rules

1. Penalize phone carriers and others for every activation on a phone before the allowed release date.
  2. Instead of setting the start date for 11 days prior to release date for the promotion (like in this case) set it for release date + x, where x is some arbitrary number of days to ensure late shipments get to customers
  3. Give staged time periods based on how early in the process you pre-registered. Rewarding early adopters is a good thing.
  4. Provide distributed quantities based on non-promotion sales of Samsung products. For example, if Best Buy accounts for 25% of all US orders and 50,000 units are available, allocate Best Buy with 12,500 units in the promo. Perhaps even have the reseller distribute those.
  5. After x days of promotion, make the supplies available to all so if Walmart sellls out and Best Buy has left over, Walmart users have opportunity at the Best Buy stock.

Also, I recommend to retain customers that chose Best Buy for this promotion, although you offered the $50/$100 promotion, you offer a gift card to those getting their phones tomorrow if they failed to qualify for the Immersion Bundle promotion and/or VR Bundle. The reason for this is that I know if something doesn't change about how Samsung runs this promotion in two years when I'm elligible again for a new phone, I probably will choose a carrier directly or Samsung if thy have a promo that I want.

Just some thoughts. Hang in there with the irate masses.

Also, better educate your employees in the store. On reddit/r/GalaxyS8, I keep reading where people were misinformed by misinformed store employees. The training system in place is failing to ensure they understand the bounds by which Best Buy will operate. 

Best of luck.

Thank you for that information David!

I see a lot of people saying that their order shows April 25th, but mine went from the 21st, to the 26th. I placed my order as oon as preorders went live.

Anyone else being told the 26th?

Hey all, everyone I have talked to at Best Buy customer service has said that everyone should ignore those messages that's a phone will be delivered after the 21st. They assure that everyone who pre-ordered will get theirs on the 21st. The messages saying 25th or 26 have to do with a glitch in the system.

I hope Best Buy pulls through on this. Will be extremely disappointing if it does not arrive tomorrow.

Hey there! I haven't responded yet, but I have a problem as well. I am being told that there was a pre-activation error and that all my information is correct, however I am still seeing an arrive by date now of April 26th. This changed last night. I have been on the phone with 5 different reps today, each guaranteeing that the problem would be fixed and that I'd still get my phone tomorrow. It is currently 7 PM and there is still a problem with my order. The last rep I talked to told me that there was nothing that she could do and nothing that I could do either, and she apologized and hung up. I have asked for any and all options with each rep and basically been told, "nope, can't help you, sorry about your problems," just to have the conversation end there. I don't know what else to do anymore and I'm extremely agitated. I had a guarantee that I would receive my phone by 4/21 for over a week and now, the night before, I can't get a single person I speak to, to give me any information.

So the phone was delivered today. I had to do an online chat with verizon to manually activate the simcard and phone but it works great. The samsung promo page is still open. It let me register for the Immersive Experience box and gave me a confirmation email that stated they have to review documents. Who knows, fingers crossed they expand the gift pool a little bit. I thought they were grayed out at first but it lets you click on them. 

I called the Best Buy that i am supposed to be picking my Galaxy S8+ from tomoorow and they said the phones were in and i could pick up tomorrow... An hour later i get a call saying that they dont have the phone in and i cannot pick it up tomorrow and they dont offer me a date to which it will be available. What is the deal best buy? my order doesnt even show up on my account and i have to research it by order # to where it says order received/processing and doesnt show a pick up date. This is unacceptable.

Patrick, unfortunately some of us learned a valuable lesson from this: Do not pre-order phones from Best Buy.

You think a company that has been around this long would have their stuff together. But they don't.