Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note7 FAQ

It is incredibly frustrating to read the company's circular, non-commital responses to questions which are direct and reasonable as to shipment and reciept dates for pre-orders. In 2016, shipment and reciept dates should not be ambiguous. Like others have said, competitors have somehow figured this system out - from diapers to cell phones - they some how get it right. My pre-order was on August 8, yet it is still "in progress" and I cannot determine when my device will be shipped out, nor obtain an expected reciept date. My local stores show in-store pick up as an option TODAY for orders placed TODAY, yet, inexplicably, my pre-order is still "in progress" ... 10 days after it was placed. That makes complete sense. Show some respect to who pre-ordered and commit to a delivery date. Believe me, I would not have pre-ordered absent a guarantee that I would recieve my device on the day of its release.

benbaritone, you're so correct. It shouldn't be this difficult. 

Mine finally says "in progress" but then I get an email saying there is some form of activation issue and now I'm on hold going on 10 minutes... Just to get the thing to ship. I've come to the conclusion that there is NO advantage to ordering this with Best Buy over just going through the carrier themselves. What a waste of time and what ridiculously poor handling of this by Best Buy.

It's funny how everyone is complaining about not having their phone. i preordered mine on the 3rd of Augand they said that this phone will not be out until the 19th. which means Bestbuy cannot release a phone before they have been given permission to release it. the ADVANTAGE of preordering a phone is to be guaranteed that you will not have to deal with store selling out and you having to wait a month to get it. I agree that they should have some sort of tracking system so we dont get frustrated and check our emails every 2 minutes but complaining to the helpdesk folks is not going to fix this issue. they are here to help us out with the limited resources they have. I checked my order status this morning and it says its prepairing for shipment. i also read that orders will be shipped in the order they got them, for you to be preordering it on the 8th (almost a week later) i can almost guarantee that there are 50+ thousand people ahead of you. Be nice to Tasha becuase the nicer you are the more they will want to help you. 

Ryan, I don't know about some others on here but several of us are simply pointing out that we are in a black hole regarding status of our pre-orders. I would not expect it, personally, to deliver prior to the release date. It's just a mess... and going through Best Buy vs the carrier, for me and some others on here, has resulted in more complications.

The issue isn't that we expected the phones already, it is that there hasn't been any progress in them being shipped and we just get a general answer of "Congratulations on ordering it! It will ship when it ships". Myself, ordering early morning of Aug 3rd, expect to have it the day it releases, but to see that it is the day before and it hasn't even shipped is concerning, Especially seeing as, like another user said, the best buy website says I can order one today and pick it up in store today. If I give best buy that much money to guarentee I have a phone the day it comes out, then that is what I expect from them, it shouldn't be reasonable for people to be able to go into the store and get a phone before me when I ordered it 2 weeks ago.

brynnftw, exactly. It's an added complication with no real committment or answer to the questions on shipments. And I don't blame Tasha or any support person on here - it's the policy and process the company goes through that seems at fault.

I'm speaking to Best Buy on the phone now and for some reason their system, when trying to process my order this morning, had some conflict with AT&T regarding my upgrade eligibility on my line. Had I known I would have had to deal with this, frankly I would have just used AT&T. Because now I'm having to untangle the mess through a third party. The phone support is very nice and helpful, but again... more of the great unknown.

I just hope my phone delivers tomorrow because I pre-ordered it early on the 3rd. I have been looking forward to this phone more than almost any other I've purchased...

I agree with you saying that we are in a black hole, all im saying is that if its in dier need for people to have the phone on that exact day then they should preorder it for pickup at the store. everytime i preorder something to be shipped to my house i plan for it to be there anytime between the release date and a day later. ive gone through the carrier with my note 2 and when they sell their phones their orders come in waves so if your lucky enough you might be able to get it on the release date (aleast thats how At&t does it). i bought my note 4 through bestbuy and it shipped the day before the release date and i got it on the date it was suppost to be released. all im saying is just be patient becuase you areant the only one dealing with this situation. hopefully tomorrow we will be sitting on our couch unlocking our new phone with our eyes!

Well, if you're going to say "dire need" Ryan... then let's face it, none of us have that with this phone! Smiley Wink 

lol agreed. 

I tried to do store pickup, but it wouldn't let me. I'm guess the store didn't have a running order of phones at that point. No idea, but it would only let me have it shipped. I'm with you, I tried to avoid this lol