Add Product

Search Results:

Re: S9 | S9+ FAQ Tons of wrong info please read!!!

Hello Everyone,

I saw this thread and started reading through and had to jump in.....You guys are being told wrong info and just confusing and i will break it down for you. First of all my background is I was a Best Buy Mobile manager for 5 years. I no longer work for the company but I know the ins and outs and this deal is not complicated.

The $100 is valid online...pretty simple not sure why this has been said different nothing changed it always was, you were just given the wrong info. 

Now lets talk about the trade in.....I have gotten my phones from BBY for over 10 years. This offer is common and goes hand in hand with every major phone launch. You DO NOT have to pre order in store.... Repeat you DO NOT have to pre order in store to get trade in offer of up to $350 . Never have never will....

You will simply pre order online, when you go to pick up your phone say you want to trade in your phone and any phone on the list as shown on website will have that trade in value. In fact you don't even have to buy the phone at Best Buy. The preorder price will auto populate, its a different system simply goes by the IMEI of the phone. So yes you could have it shipped to your house and then go in and trade it in BUT by doing that you could NOT put the GC toward paying phone off so I would not reccomend this. Best way to use this is to use the $100 off plus trade in offer to nearly cut the phone price in half and lower monthly installments.

Also, GC can be used to pay for phone and balance. Once again ALWAYS HAS THIS DID NOT CHANGE JUST GIVEN WORNG ANSWER AGAIN. Next time go in to the store and talk to someone who works there these forums are a source of bad info. Let me know if you have any questions. Do not buy your phones from carrier they are a rip off...use this offer or from samsung.com!

If you pre-order the phone online, how do you apply the gift card after the fact when you trade in your phone?

Hello, you pre order online but pick up in store. When you go to the store to pick up an pay you do your trade in and apply GC at POS. Let the associate know you want this to go towards the balance.

Looking at the current prices, the $100 off seems misleading...

Currently Samsung.com lists the S9+ at $839.99, unlocked.

Best Buy lists it at $912-914 on a carrier with the $100 off bringing it to $812-814.

Or Best Buy lists the unlocked version at $839.99 (same as Samsung) but without $100 off.

Am I missing something?

@wargy2

No, but it's not so simple. It's not Best Buy that raises prices, it's carriers. I do agree though that if they want to offer an incentive, it should apply to the unlocked version too, othervise they just kind of offset the inflated price, but it's hard to call it a deal, especially since we're expected to jump through hoops to get all credits.

It just seems so much easier to order directly from Samsung, they even promisse to have it delivered early, by March 14. Trade In there is clear, price reduced, you then mail the old phone, if you don't mail it they charge the difference. No Gift Cards to mess with.

@cappsean09wrote:
Hello, you pre order online but pick up in store. When you go to the store to pick up an pay you do your trade in and apply GC at POS. Let the associate know you want this to go towards the balance.

That sounds great and all, but the way it's currently stated in the fine print makes it sound like it's not how it's going to work. Now I'm sure you know what you're talking about, but I'm not so sureother reps there will. I don't want to get stuck with $300 worth of gift cards when the phone comes in. If I'm not expected to do an upgrade or provide a payment method when I pre-order, then I'm not really pre-ordering right? I'm bothered by the no guarantee of any kind that I will actually get a device. A guy at my local store said it doesn't really matter if I preorder or not, as they can only get a few units, and not everyone thos "pre-ordered" will get them on a launch date. Or if I am selecting a payment method at the order time, I'm not comfortable with letting some 16 y.o. kid at the store try to modify it later. Too many ways it can all get messed up, makes me ok with spending $100 more on samsung.com to have a guaranteed delivery by the 14th and no gimmicks with trade ins.

Ok, since we're up and online anyway, here is something that wasn't clear but now appears answered:

The $100 savings doesn't apply to the full price purchase, if I just want to pay for it or use my Best Buy credit card. At least from the product page, it looks like it only shows up when carrier upgrade options are selected.

Any reason why I still cant preorder the att s9+ ?

So, I just tried to order an unlocked model on bestbuy.com and it deffinitely wants me to go ahead and pay for it... IDK about you guys, but I'm not willing to risk getting stuck with $300 Gift Card, I don't trust this process. I'm 99% sure they're not going to refund my card $300 and use a Gift Card balance instead.

The good news though is that it promisses to have it in the store on the 16th. But again, unless I saw something explaining this Gift Card deal in writing, I just can't risk it. I'll just wait for my reservation invite to pre order from samsung.com.

Good luck everyone

@ThomasJ.Romano

AT&T Preorder is live now.