Add Product

Search Results:

I need help buying a phone

I'm 99% sure I'll be buying the Honor 8, my question is what's the difference between a refurbished phone and a new? Is the 100$ gap between the prices worth it? Should I buy the refurbished and have money for accessories or buy new?
Trusted Contributor

Re: I need help buying a phone

Refurbished means it is not new.  The situations in which it may have become not new may vary. It may have been a return, or a situaion where it was replaced via the servcie plan and was then fixed for resale.

Refurbished phones are supposed to be up to factory standards as far as function. They may or may not have minor cosmetic indicators. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

What would you recommend, as someone who does not have plenty of money sitting around is a refurbished phone okay, or are there risks to it?
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Tough call. I have never had a refurbished phone. 

But some people I know who have had them had said sometimes there were quirks.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.