Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Factory unlocked iPhone X?

Perfect!!! 

I don’t think it is necessary to double check the way I did above to see the confirmation of the unlock, because I knew it was unlocked the moment I put in the AT&T SIM and it was working. But since I was restoring from another phone with a massive amount of photos, it was easier for me to plug it in to the PC by cable. Good luck!

Looking like Best Buy's price for buying outright is still $100 bucks more than other retailers.  I had thought best buy stopped selling it at 100 bucks over list due to media backlash.  Is it safe to assume that this phone is still unactivated when purchased given the premium?

Yes, the iPhone is an non-activated MQA92LL/A Model A1865 with no SIM, but I bought mine online for the few hours they were available and if you go into the store, I am not sure if they make you activate it or not (probably not). Maybe someone else has bought one in the store. Read carefully about putting a Verizon SIM in first to activate it before any other carrier’s SIM to keep it permanently unlocked. See conversations above.

Would I be able to insert a Verizon active sim card to unlock and then use my ATT sim card?

Yes, this is what I did with a new Verizon SIM from Amazon $7 (or cheaper on eBay I understand). Please read my posts and Alef’s Posts above for the procedures on pages 1 and 2. I am using AT&T now.

And I see you said “Active” SIM. That should be fine too and cost you nothing. Just make sure to put the Verizon SIM back where it came from if they (or you) want the correct phone re-registered on that active Verizon account.

Thank you very much! I'll give it a try.

Actually the sim I have is a used inactive sim card.

That is fine too. As long as you are connected by WiFi, the phone will activate.