Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
RHA
Accepted Solution

Difference between BB and the Sprint Store?!?!?

I'm ready for an upgrade and was wondering if i go through Best Buy what the difference is between Sprint, specifically the warrenty information. The Sprint store for example has the Sprint repair shop that I can take the phone to if something happens to it, how does Best Buy handle a situaiton where something goes wrong with my phone? I don't plan on purchasing any extended warrenty.

Topics: 31
Kudos: 57
Solutions: 151

Re: Difference between BB and the Sprint Store?!?!?

When you upgrade with Best Buy, your service and contract is still directly through Sprint. Best Buy offers many additional services and protection plans which would cover Accidental Damage without any deductible, but if you needed coverage under the manufacturer's warranty you could still take the phone directly to Sprint, as they are your carrier.

Dan K. | Former Best Buy Employee
Any opinions expressed in this post are those of
the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc.

I have a charging port issue with my two month old Samsung Galaxy S2.  Is taking it to Sprint to facilitate a warranty repair the only option I have, or can I take it Best buy as well?  

Trusted Contributor

I purchased my new smart phone direct from BB and kept my old carrier and plan.  However, I went with Best Buy BECAUSE of their accidental damage plan.  I already had an issue 11 months after purchase, I brought it in for repairs, they hooked me up with a loaner phone.  I got my phone back and they actually ended up giving me a new one.  Under warrently I don't think I would have been as well off.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

You normally can get all rebates instantly at Best Buy instead of having to mail them in through Sprint.

You can upgrade at either location but Best Buy will probably have the better deal as far as cost on the device goes. Accessories, I think those are pretty well set in their prices across the board. The major difference is the type of warranty you can get. Sprint may offer a "fix it" warranty but Best Buy offers full total phone coverage including water damage, screen cracks or breaks and they also cover the battery. I'm with Verizon currently and they seem to offer the exact same warranty for an extra $10/month but Geek Squad (BB) may be more efficient and I'm not sure how much it costs.

Ever since I visited the BB Mobile store in the mall the other day, I'm convinced it's better to upgrade with them than going to the actual retail store for your carrier. I don't think I caught which phone you were considering upgrading to. If you would like, I can recommend some good ones. =)

Trusted Contributor

BB is staffed by BB employees and the Sprint Store is staffed by Sprint Employees.

The BB employees in theory should not be prejudiced towards any one carrier.  And the BB employees have the full strength of BB policies and services to back up your phone.

The Sprint store may have a wider selection of demo phones for you to look at.

I use Verizon and before getting my last phone I went to the Verizon store down the street from where I work and was able to put hands on almost every phone they carry.

Then I went to Best buy, use my rewards certificate, traded in my old phone and got the instant rebates and the specials they were offering.  I also purchased the Accidental plan which I ended up using a year later.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.